Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Memory Loss.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by GhostGuy, Apr 25, 2009.

1. So I've always had bad memory. Even before I touched my first joint. But lately, since I've started using weed much more frequently for medical purposes, I seem to be slipping a bit more. Today I forgot my PIN number for my debit card, and a week ago I forgot a password.
    So now I'm trying to find something that'll help with my memory problems. I could write everything down, but that would get old very fast. I could take herbal supplements, but I have no idea if those work.
    I can't exactly just stop smoking. It's replacing medications with much worse side effects than a little memory loss, and like I said, I can't even fully blame marijuana for this.

So I come to you, seasoned tokers of the net. What's out there that actually works for memory loss?

2. Ahh i have pretty bad memory loss too, Id like to know if anyone has any solutions... I dont know if i just forget stuff or just dont pay attention to stuff when im high

3. Well memory cant be repaired once its damaged. The only thing you can do now is DAMAGE CONTROL, try not to get any worse, you know what I mean? Maybe not smoking as much, lay off the real drugs, take every vitamin known to man every day. Basically just get healthy, you'll feel better, and you'll notice yourself improving mentally.

4. #4 605skunk, Apr 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2009
    its not pot, its how serious you take things.

if your passionate about all these things then remembering it should be easy right?

5. it could be me, but i seem to never forget anything when i'm on adderall >_> even while baked.

i really need someone to give me a script for that shit :devious:

6. The other night, me and my best friend were driving around, and about an hour before we blazed this j, and i thought of something epic, and i say "dude,......" and completely forgot what i was gonna say less then 4 seconds after i thought bout it. Yet my grades in college go up when i study high....

7. You have no idea.

Heavy marijuana use for a long time can really cause memory problems in some people (most)

8. Well, I'm trying to figure out exactly what I can do for damage control :)
    I don't smoke much in the first place, just enough to medicate, for the most part. "Real" drugs are an occasional thing as it is.
    As for vitamins and such, I have no idea where to start. Centrum multivitamins? Ginko? I just don't have a clue XD

9. Go on EROWID, look at the smart drugs. They are chemicals which improve mental and physical prowess of the body.

For memory, you should look into: DMAE, Ginko Biloba, Ergoloid mesylates, Selegiline, Oxiracetam, and Vasopressin. Maybe 5-HTP too, its got some nice perks.

10. #10 Wrecked, Apr 25, 2009
    But to be honest, your really going to want to stay away from the real drugs, especially in your older years, they cause more brain damage and disrupt memory and learning cognition.

Shrooms, LSD, or other psychadelics are fine, but I would avoid opiates, MDMA, cocaine, heavy drinking, especially if your older.

Only take this into consideration if you wish to become more mentally/physically healthy. If thats not a problem for you, and you mainly just want your memory back just check out those chemicals I named, and keep popin or whatever your takin.

11. Excellent replies, thank you so much. I'll look into those. And yeah, the only things I dabble in other than weed are psychadelics. Hell, since I started smoking more, I haven't had any alcohol :)
    And no, I'm not anywhere near old yet, which is why I'd really like to do something about it now before it gets worse.

How about Brain Age? Anyone had any luck with that? Haha.

12. my memory is definitely worse when i smoke weed. i remember i was stoned and i picked up a girl, she asked for me # and i couldnt remember it....ive had the same phone for 5 years lol

ive heard fish oil is good for memory

13. the more you smoke, the longer thcwill stay in your system. so long as like a 3 week afterburn.

14. I got both Brain Age games and I love them. I don't know much it'll help with memory, it works more on your reaction time and alertness. It's a fun game I like to play while blazed though, just to test myself or to refocus.

Anyways, the best score you can get is a brain the age of a twenty year old, and my personal best I got once the age of a twenty four year old. Not bad for being stoned... and thirty.

Anyways, fun game, it charts your progress of your test results daily, and it also has Sudoku puzzles you can do to pass time (which I love).

So if you have a Nintendo DS I'd say both Brain Age games are must owns.

15. You can actually "repair" your memory. My friend (I dont know exact names for her profession) is a brain therapist and told me just by exercising the brain you can open new "pathways" in the brain getting it to move around more for you. (If that makes sense) Google "Brain Exercise". There are many books and games to help you repair the memory part of your brain.

16. they've actually done tests on this subject. correct me if i'm wrong but i remember reading that it temperarly(sp) freezes your memory cells so to speak..

17. Again, look on EROWID at the smart drugs, there are certain chemicals that can increase brain functioning and learning cognition, and all sorts of stuff. Its really pretty interesting, take a read: Erowid Nootropic (Smart Drugs) Vaults

18. Wow... Thats powerful shit, I didn't think it was THAT bad.

As far as I, and google knows, there is no known method for repairing memory. Thats like saying you can repair brain damage, you cant fix something thats NOT THERE anymore.

19. #20 kayylayy, Apr 25, 2009

Scroll down to Brain Exercises/Info.

The Human Brain - Exercise

Edit: You can exercise the brain to repair pathways. You can't grow new ones, but you can fix damaged ones. Lots of scientific studies done.

Also, "Google" does agree. Type in "Brain Exercises"... :laughing: