Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Memory Loss Question

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by bahookahjoe18, Sep 17, 2010.

1. "The cognitive process most clearly affected by marijuana is short-term memory. In laboratory studies, subjects under the influence of marijuana have no trouble remembering things they learned previously. However, they display diminished capacity to learn and recall new information."

-http://www.drugpolicy.org/marijuana/factsmyths/#memory

If I memorize the 27 amendments, and then smoke a bowl afterwards, will I not remember the amendments tomorrow? Ordinarily, I have a really good memory.

2. why dont you try it right now, and report back?

3. why dont you smoke a bowl and read the amedments again :D

4. Haha. I was about to reply that I guess I'll just have to answer the question for myself.

It's pretty cool that it takes me such a short period of time to memorize things.

I'm enjoying my victory bowl as I type.

Then in about a half hour, I'll go try to recite the amendments to my brother, haha.

5. dont worry you are going to be fine

6. But, will you be able to remember the amendments again when you are sober? What about when you are high?

You've got me thinking... If I learn something when I am high... will I forget it when I am sober but then remember it the next time I am high? o_O

7. "I figure if I study high, take the test high, I get high scores!"

8. I find that smoking a small bowl before studying helps me concentrate a little bit more and I remember most of what I study. :smoking:

9. Right..... RIIIIIIGHTTTTT. That's the Ivory man.
    +rep for the great how high quote lol

10. God Bless America

11. I've found it to be 100% true that if you study high, you need to take the test high...if you can't take the test high, you should study for it sober.

12. Well, I studied, got really high, and then took the test the next day and didn't miss one.

13. Awesome dude!! :hello:

14. Don't ask why but one time while high i decided i should learn the alphabet backwards. So i did, while high and i remember it to this day. zyxwvutsrqponmlkjihgfedcba. I dont get where this stuff comes from about inability to retain information:confused:

15. Wait, what was the question again?

16. this method is not one that can be accurate. if i memorized the amendments, and tried to read them later sober, i still wouldnt be able to remember it. :confused:

17. i would say you suffer memory loss from heavy marijuana use. been toking every day of an on for the past year, and man does my memory give out on me sometimes. But then again i had a period of extensive chemical abuse so maybe thats the cause, but certainly doesnt seem like bud is helping it

18. I know that sometimes I won't remember everything that went down when I was high. But it's usually only minor details.