Memes?

Discussion in 'General' started by Frotto, Feb 23, 2012.

1. I don't understand the point of memes. :confused:
    The joke is sometimes quite funny, but then people take the same thing and change it a tiny bit. It's so people who have no drawing skills can make funny pictures it seems. They should just draw there own, even if it sucks. If the joke is funny, it will work. ;)

Back on topic...
    I don't see how they are that funny. Most of the jokes have the same structure, with different words/events.

2. Memes are pretty shitty now, they're not as good as they used to be. I blame the fact that it's mainstream now.

3. It was funny 4 years ago before tumblr crumbled it to the ground.

4. [​IMG]

5. #5 JamestheFreak, Feb 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2012
    Well I did, fucking stupid ass kids ruin every meme I once loved.

6. Meh, some are kind of good, but not too many anymore. Like JamestheFreak said, definitely not as good as they used to be, mainly because of how mainstream they've gotten.

7. Not just Facebook...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndA69KiffJE]MAD - Thunder Lolcats - YouTube[/ame]

That shit was on Cartoon Network.....

8. Memes have been getting on TV lately, I blame reddit and knowyourmeme.

9. any clips of memes on TV? I always love to see the media fuck things up.

10. Okay that was pretty entertaining.

11. Yeah man, memes are pretty fucking gay now... not that they were ever actually good, but they at least used to take some amount of creativity. Plus, all the news one springing up are complete shit compared to the old school stuff.

12. I thought it was horrific. I will admit that the Minecraft reference was funny, but that's it..

13. Pretty soon we'll be posting the original memes and going retro

For example (circa 1996):

[​IMG]

14. they crowbarred everything in, wtf. I highly doubt that was on cartoon network. was it? some boolshit.

15. #18 Jon_Snow, Feb 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2012
    Yeah it was. Was flipping thru the channels one day and this was on one of their new shows called "Mad", a MadTV-esque show for kids...and by flipping thru the channels I mean I was watching the Regular Show and this came on afterwards.....but still, it was there.

16. I haven't actually sat down and watched cartoon network for ages so I don't know the kind of shit is on there but if they have to stoop that low to use shit that kids will never understand then... well that's just retarded. adventure time and regular show are the only things I watch that's actually from cartoon network.

at least adult swim still has some integrity. oh wait, nevermind, they did it first. well at least it's not crowbarred into their shows.

17. It's because of Tumblr.