Memeheheh my first grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by PeterGriffen, May 19, 2010.

1. week 6

Attached Files:

2. week 6 prt 2(( Yesterday, today, tonight)). little plants are 2 weeks old

Attached Files:

3. does it look like they are all in thumnail view? there are 10 pics a post

4. #24 PeterGriffen, Jun 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2010
    the last of part 2, and my box. i put the plants out side very day for a few hours per day, is that ok?

:smoking:

Attached Files:

5. bump :confused:

6. #26 Antigen, Jun 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2010

This is actually a technique that some people try to do called FIMing (stands for Fuck I Missed, in relation to not pinching off at the correct spot on the growing tip to do a normal topping). The spot was pinched too high and was thought to be a bad thing until people realized what it actually did. If you get it right in the right spot (which is hard), you can get 4, 5, 6 extra growing tips off the one FIM-topping instead of just 2.

Here's a great picture to show you what happens when you FIM vs. when you top. It is a cool close-up of a growing tip showing you where all the little tiny new growing tips are that you can't see and where to cut to get multiple branches like you got:

[​IMG]

Very dark green leaves usually means too much nitrogen. How much fertilizer have you been giving them? I see you just started, what is the NPK value of what you have been feeding them? You started off with 1/4-1/2 strength for the first feeding right?

Also, you do need to get a way to measure pH. Once you add nutes to the water the pH is going to drop into a range which is too acidic, you must use pH UP to bring it back to the correct level of 6.5-6.8. And if you're doing feed, water, feed, water, alternating like that, then you are giving the plants fluctuating pH water all the time, which they will not like.

7. Very dark green leaves usually means too much nitrogen. How much fertilizer have you been giving them? I see you just started, what is the NPK value of what you have been feeding them? You started off with 1/4-1/2 strength for the first feeding right?

Also, you do need to get a way to measure pH. Once you add nutes to the water the pH is going to drop into a range which is too acidic, you must use pH UP to bring it back to the correct level of 6.5-6.8. And if you're doing feed, water, feed, water, alternating like that, then you are giving the plants fluctuating pH water all the time, which they will not like.[/QUOTE]

Only thing ive been feeding them is the schu
    ltz plant food plus 10-15-10 and i put 7 drop a quart like the box says. but i think where i messed up at is i would water them with that when ever they needed water. i thought it would be ok cuz its not that strong.

8. also the plant that I "FIM" has nine leafs not seven. Is that just cuz of the type of strain it is? or could that be from over feeding?