Melting qwiso and bho together...

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by rekomstop209, Sep 12, 2013.

1. #1 rekomstop209, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2013
    Recently made some qwiso for the first time, first batch smelt like dirty socks and tasted like...flowers lol.  I read the floral taste is common. 
    Second attempt, I washed for only 15 seconds and only shook it 3 times and it came out much better.  Its pretty dark amber and dry. The floral taste is much milder, I don't mind dabbing it.  But its still no bho, with all its glorious terps.

I also made some bho and during the double boil, pyrex exploded and all the oil dropped into boiling water.  Surprisingly I was able to reclaim most of it and dry it out, now its a nice clear amber oil but its tacky as all hell.  Excellent for dabbing.

I was thinking about taking some of the bho and the qwiso and melting them down to blend them together.  I was thinking the qwiso would help reduce some of the tackiness since its very dry and the bho would maybe disguise the taste of the qwiso.  What do you guys think?

Attached Files:

2. I went ahead and did it anyway.  I flash heated it to melt it and turn it to honeycomb.

Its way less tacky and I can taste some terps.  Pretty smooth rips, hits the head nice and heavy within seconds.  All in all I consider it a success.

Attached Files:

3. Looks nice dude. I've experimented with twisting BHO and qwiso together. Its nice and adds a lovely richness. The flavour of turps with the full spec extract of iso :D