Melatonin

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by STLguy13, Apr 12, 2009.

1. What will say 5mg melatonin capsules do?

Ive had "drank", you know that gay ass Anti-energy drink, and i did it before bed, a few times. I had the best fucking sleep ever, as well as awesome dreams. the main ingredients were Valerian root and melatonin.

If i was to pick some up at Walgreens or something, would it maybe give me the same effect?, I'm just looking for someone that has used melatonin before and what their experience was.

Thanks Blades

2. Melatonin doesn't do anything for me, but if it's worked before with you then have fun =]

3. it helps me sleep. Sometimes i get weird dreams sometimes i don't, depends.

4. Valerian Root and Melatonin are both herbal, they both help with sleep. Valerian also helps with anxiety. I use both of them. Melatonin is awesome for when I need some help with sleep but don't want the hangover feeling the next day that other sleeping meds give me.

5. I took a bunch of melotonin before I went to bed one night and is didn't do a whole lot. I didn't get very deep sleep and woke up kind of cranky. But then I have a friend who takes it all the time and loves it. Go figure. I think you have to take melotonin in pretty high doses to get any affects besides sleepiness.

6. melatonin isn't recreational at all, and you don't need to take alot, it stops working after a certain amount

7. I'm saying that it didn't really make me tired. I heard from my friend that a large dose will make your dreams really weird but he lies a lot.

8. I do find that when I take 3 as opposed to 1 (if im real tired) that my dreams do tend to be stranger.

But abusing melatonin is a bad idea, and it will leave you with sleep problems in the future.

9. Helps you fall asleep, and that's all it does. Same as Valerian root. Works for some, not so much for others. That's about all there is to it..

10. Like others have already said, Melatonin is not a recreational drug. It helps to regulate your sleep cycle.

If you're having trouble falling asleep at the right time every night, try melatonin. :D

If you're having trouble getting high... try something else. :hide:

11. nicely put

12. I never said i was going to use it recreationally. I just wanted to see how it affected others sleep. When i took it, i got really vivid dreams, and I woke up feeling like I slept in REM sleep about double what I usually do, just felt really damn good when I woke up, super refreshed

13. Whenever I see that little smiley get up and walk away at the end of your posts I always picture you like walking around a giant grass field and sitting in stoner groups..answering a question...then getting up and walking away.

Bein high at the time ofcourse.

14. for those with true insomnia it does nothing. but it works for the occasional sleeplessness