Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

melatonin

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by babylon.farmer, Jul 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. has anyone ever used it? bad side effects? i kind of want to try it because i heard it gives you trippy dreams...

2. melatonin is just a supplement for a natural hormone produced by your brain. it just makes you sleep.

if you looking for like lucid dreams, take valerian. its not always good though. ive had full on arguments with my mom, and then realized its 4 am. and everyones asleep. weird shit.

3. If you want trippy dreams, try Valerian instead. To get the effects you want, you\'ll need somewhere in the 500 mg to 1g range. I think the highest I\'ve ever gone is 600 mg, but I wasn\'t trying to trip out like you want to. Now, my experiences with Valerian have been better than my experiences with Melatonin, because Melatonin is used more as a way to regulate your internal clock, as it is better to take smaller doses over a period of several nights.

Just a little note about Valerian... it smells horrible. Personally, the smell reminds me of Menstrual Blood. But it works nicely in large doses.

However, always educate yourself about any substance that you decide to put in your body, and never rely on just one person\'s hearsay.

http://www.erowid.org/herbs/valerian/valerian.shtml
    http://www.erowid.org/smarts/melatonin/melatonin.shtml

4. I take it when I can\'t smoke otherwise I wouldn\'t be able to go to bed. 3mg\'s puts me to sleep.

5. .

thanks for that peice of information, I could use this.

6. hahaha no problem

i actually figured that out on accident

but yea, it does smell like ass.

7. I\'ve been taking valerian root for some time now. If you plan on picking some up, try to get a brand that is standardized to at least 0.8% valerenic acid, usually an extract. The stuff works great as an anti-anxiolytic (my primary use), but I\'ve never experienced lucid dreams on it, and I\'ve tried dosages of up to 2g (seems like a lot, it\'s not).

As far as melatonin goes, it works well as a sleep aid, and that\'s about it. I\'ve never tried huge dosages of the stuff as it affects your circadian rhythm, and I like having a normal sleep cycle.

8. kava kava works nice with the other herbs too

9. I take 3mg of Melatonin every night to help me sleep. That\'s all it does though, it\'s a sleep aid. I wish it gave trippy dreams, that\'d be sweet.

10. This belongs in Pandora\'s Box.

11. Yo Son you tryin to get real fucked up, u need to freebase that shit yo! My boy copped like 20 g and we took it straight to the head. Real talk

12. THIS^^. Valerian truly fucks with your dreams. In my dream I had after taking Valerian I got arrested for having the bombest marijuana in the world and the government claims I stole it from them and they put me on an ostrich and the ostrich took me across this desert and the government said \"This is were your going to spend the rest of your life, here in this penitentiary \" to my surprise they dropped me off at disney land. In the morning i was like :confused:.

13. yo i actually have a bottle of melatonin and its pretty good. i used to take it because i did alot of extasy which makes it hard to sleep (in the past!) and i took melatonin to help me get to sleep. its basically a version on clamazopam (popular sleep medication that gets u CRUNK) except it doesnt get u crunk just dazed/sleepy

its cheap too homie

14. dont smoke any meth then...ull run outside ready to fight all the \'people\' outside your door till the dieing breath......until u realise its 6am and people are staring at you outside......[on repeat]

15. I always take it when I run out of bud. It says take on an empty stomach, and well, I never do. I always take it around 10 p.m. after dinner and a snack. Why does it say to take it on an empty stomach?

-C

16. yo man i think its cuz the effects will be stronger?? mabey? but yeah i wouldnt take it on empty stomach either.

17. hahahaha because the smell and taste of valerian make you wanna hurl

18. Melatonin works but don\'t depend on it. Since it\'s not FDA regulated it has no long term studies done too it. I unfortunately used Melatonin for about 1 1/2 years and it is some bad shit. I started having awful sleeping patterns, I couldn\'t fall asleep at all when I didn\'t take it, I wouldn\'t dream after the first couple of months, I was being moody, and most importantly I started hallucinating.. and not the good kind of hallucinating. I distinctly remember one day I had to get up for school and my alarm clock went off and it was the Rolling Stones on the radio and I thought the stones were in my room. And I haven\'t slept normally since then, now I have to take tylenol PM Simply Sleep to sleep now.

19. Threads relating to a substance other than Marijuana belong in Pandora\'s Box.

Please read the forum descriptions before you post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.