Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

melatonin x THC?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by fuji212, Sep 29, 2011.

1. any of you fellow insomniacs out there try melatonin with a few hits of MJ right before bed?

2. I like to take Melatonin around 30 min before I toke.. Really sends me off to bed.
    Wake up nice and awake feeling good.

3. works for me :smoke: thanks bro

4. but dont you have to take melatonin at least a couple of weeks or so in order for it to have any effect?

• Like Like x 1
  5. I didn't like melatonin personally. It made me feel sickish. The biggest thing about trying to fall asleep easily at night is, how active you are. (From what I've noticed). My body requires me to be more active than most to burn energy and be able to get a good nights rest.

6. For those unaware, it is an over the counter hormone found in animals and plants, that helps people go to sleep, it doesn't force you too sleep...no RX needed. (IT IS NOT A DRUG)

It works for a lot of people.

The mj isn't really needed, but it does help...hell, IMHO, mj helps without the melatonin..:D

7. I gotta try that.

8. Yea, I've done this so many times and also these other pills they aren't drugs I forgot the name but they are a natural hormone or something and it makes you have a really nice sleep! :smoke:

9. i tried mixing melatonin with weed last night. sleeping felt great. the only downside was that i absolutely did not want to wake up. i finally woke up already 10 mins late to class lol. so i just stayed home and blazed :smoke:

10. never did much for me.

but now i got trazodone! :D

11. No, it works right away. If I understand correctly, it's the same as a chemical our bodies make naturally to go to sleep, so it's pretty safe. And it definitely can be mixed safely with MJ for a good nights sleep. I like the kind that melts under your tongue. It works really fast.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I can't use melatonin, for some reason whenever I take it I get nightmares.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. maybe just lucid dreams^ i read actually on this forum by dawnofwar it helps induce lucid dreams

14. Trazadone sucked for me! It made me stuffy and triggered a panic attack. I threw that shit away. It works for others but not me.

15. Melatonin works wonders! I love the stuff. It eases me to sleep when I've had one too Starbucks "Venti". Also Jamieson's "Relax" is another great product containing Valerian root and chamomile and other natural herbs. Both work GREAT 1/2 hr before bed.

16. P.S. you will not get the best quality sleep by smoking pot before or close to bedtime. Yes, it can knock you out but it interferes with REM sleep and you'll feel tired in the morning.

17. Thought about trying this. Thing with melotonin is that you wake up feeling groggy and like shit if you don't get a full sleep (7-9hrs). Say you take melo. and force yourself awae at say 5 hrs, you're body won't feel as rested. Word of advice.

THC + Melo. might be nice but if you guys can't sleep just with bud alone then maybe find a 'lazier' strain. Either way melo is as natural as ganj so no worries just don't abuse the damn thing.

18. just smoke some bomb indica and forget the sleeping pills/ melatonin,,, weed is all u need lol

• Like Like x 1
  19. [quote name='"FinallyLegal4Me"']just smoke some bomb indica and forget the sleeping pills/ melatonin,,, weed is all u need lol[/quote]

That's what I'm sayin! If you can't fall asleep with some bomb grass, then you have a problem.

20. Melatonin is becoming more popular now w/ infused products like "sippin syrup" and the "sippin syrup brownies". I enjoy the drink very much w/ a joint. I find it it to be a creeper type sleep. I'll just wake up at 3am tv still on, ashtray has spilled all over me and stumble to bed for the rest of my night's sleep. I was going to try the brownie tonight but after reading this thread I'm considering just going and buying some mela. capsules instead and trying them.