MEIZHI and Spider Farmer

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by happydaize, Jan 7, 2020.

1. I’m sorry this is my first post, but I’ve been growing for 30 years, and felt I needed to warn people of the situation I am in.

WARNING !!!!!!!
    Do not buy MEIZHI or SPIDER FARMER

So what has happened?
    Well I’m a supplier or LED grow lights..
    Last year I sourced
    45 x 1200w MEIZHI
    12 x 600w MEIZHI
    4 x Spider farmer

All these are made by a company called LG-LED solutions ltd in China, and sold on eBay and Amazon by hydroponicselleruk@hotmail.co.uk or hydroponicseller.de or Spider Farmer

They run out of a rented office in Manchester with no direct contact possible.

The lights were distributed to 4 different locations.

Every single light failed within 6 months of purchase, but they were sold with a 3 year warranty. 1 year replacement and 2 years parts replacement.

After several emails regarding the failures MIEZHI finally sent 14 second hand drivers for us to replace (even though they promised new) and charged us carriage!
    This did not fix the issues, they then ignored emails for several months until the lights were out of the first year warranty, and after threatening legal action they then told us that parts were no longer available!!

So now we are left with £15,000 worth of lights that do not work, all efforts to contact MEIZHI via eBay, amazon and email are now being ignored.
    The failure rate on these Chinese lights is just shocking.

So please, before you buy anything from MEIZHI or SPIDER FARMER I urge you to think twice. The lights will fail, and you will not get any warranty on them at all.
    For anyone interested I have copies of all the communications and lots of pictures of the failed lights..

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Thank You for this. I was planning on getting a
    Spider Farmer in a couple of months.
    Will now reconsider.

I'll probably get a Quantum Board instead.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sorry for your loss, that sucks....
    This is exactly the reason I will happily pay more for a reputable EU/USA product because I know they have better customer service and quality control over what they sell.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. WTF
    Samsung boards do not require fans …………………….
    Not trying to be a smart ass but The Samsung boards are so efficient the Led's don't have the resistance that creates the heat to require a fan if you use a light duty heat sink ..

Did you buy through Amazon , if so tell amazon the sold you fake or knock of name brand products .
    From there turn all the companies names over to customs ..
    In your country and the USA .
    Try NY port authority .

• Like Like x 2
  5. Was just curious where you got Samsung out of OPs post?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I only buy my Samsung boards from Horticulture lighting group .
    I have bought a total of 24 boards to date ,, sixteen for me and 8 for a commercial farm that is thinking of swithing to led lighting .

7. Both companies claim they use Samsung Diodes ,,,
    To bad either company hasnt a account with Samsung !

8. Thank you for this. I too am never ordered from China again

AliExpress and Cubot. Worthless as they come as well

9. Research China's taxes as in business , import taxes and custom fees .

Apply that tax structure to your countries taxes and custom fees .

Its not possible for any business in china to import anything and resale it cheaper then another country that has lower business tax structures like the USA and the UK .

In other words Samsung Boards would be less expensive in the UK or the USA then What china would be ..

There is no such thing as China being able to sale imported name brand products cheaper then what I can buy them for here in the states ..

Now here is the sticky part ,,, lets say I want to sale these china made lights that claim to have Samsung diodes in the usa or uk .

If they are not genuine Samsung diodes then its fraud and customs of most countries are all over import knock off products coming in by the shipping containers .

• Like Like x 1
  10. Is there an efficient way to contact customs about these fraud products.

AliExpress refuses refunded to my broken goods. Bank won't help even tho I have 12 pages of chat logs of them refusing refund, plus I recorded the broken items and everything.

Guess it's a loss.

Of course my mind goes to these damn banks must be in kahoots with the Chinese scammers and split the profit...I mean for what other reason would one human do this to another, if not greed? Pleasure?

11. I think so ,, Customs is not a entity that I would want on my ass .
    Call your closes port authority .

12. I'm in Michigan.

Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  13. I am in Nevafda ,, i use to ship internationally allot , importing fake named brand products is illegal …….
    So the guy selling the mars ts 1000 that is in the usa is looking at giant legal issues ...

When you call customs , you might want to explain that Samsungs main office in NY city says that they don't sale LEDS to any company in China …..
    Any imported name brand products coming out of china are not made by the company name that is on the product .
    Its all knock off products , and it seems that the Chinese Gov has no choice but to go along with the fraud because if not china's economy would collapses