Mega super over dried bud for wax press?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by ToKKin, Oct 23, 2022.

1. I let my in law wet trim like a half a plant because he really wanted to try it for some reason.. long story short I was just downstairs checking the humidity of my tent and the Rubbermaid bins when out of the corner of my eye I noticed the drying rack that he put on the other side of the basement. The buds were super crispy but I threw them into some grove bags with hygrometers and 2 of the bags are sitting at 48 RH and the other one went up to 67 but I’ll let it settle for a bit before I believe that.. so now I have 14 oz. Of overdried shit which isn’t a big deal since I had a pretty decent harvest.. AND I got a wax press in the mail yesterday so maybe I can sacrifice that to get it dialed in.

questions:

should I try to rehydrate them a little before pressing?

Will I need to do anything differently in pressing this stuff vs properly dried bud?

I read that 90 micron bags are better for dryer bud.. should I get those or do you think I should get a different size given just how dry these got?

I already know I’m gonna get suboptimal results pressing this but its gonna be a hell of a lot better than grinding it into dust and trying to smoke it as is.