Meeting this girls parents

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by dougstanhope, Oct 31, 2013.

1. So I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm a little scared to meet this girl's parents.
    We're going on a date tomorrow night and I'm picking her up, therefore (inevitably) I'm gonna have to meet/talk to her parents. So how the fuck do I handle this situation? I'm not usually an insecure guy, but I've just never been very good at conversating with adults. So the idea of meeting her parents is starting to make me pretty fucking nervous, I'm not gonna lie. Help me out guys, I need advice.

2. Just don't think about the what if nd don't be shy. Just go in there and ask them questions about their days and how's they've been and how's work and eventually after a long period of conversations your other half will wanna leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Just tell em you already fucked just to get that out of the way and it's smooth sailing from there

4. Give the dad a strong hand shake, I dunno about where you live, but in England your first judgment is the handshake. Try not to break his hand tho haha

5. Don't think of them as HER parents, they are just some adults you were swinging by to say hey to, or better yet a friend and his GF. It's all about perception with that kind of interaction so just look at them differently than what scares you. If she likes you they probably will too. Good luck!

Toke On!

6. Tell them how great their daughter is and how beautiful the house is. Ask your GF what her dad likes and when you meet him say "I heard you're into [whatever] I like [insert relevant subject matter]". Talking to people isn't difficult as long as they don't have pre determined prejudices against the type of person you are. They have more reason to like than hate you.

7. Talk to them like you would any other adult?

They're just people..

8. Show respect and don't think to much. Keep your foot outta your mouth, and answer questions they ask. You only get one first impression.

Sent from The Gods.

9. Just be straight up, show respect, and try not to think about being balls deep in their daughter. That was a problem my first time, just because I thought it was really funny.

It's, Friday mornin, where the weed at?

IG: @thisbowlisburning
    GT: fourblacks

10. In all seriousness, just bring over some flowers for the mom and act like yourself

11. I always thought this was so fuckin dumb

12. use a lot of thinly veiled innuendo with her mother, and "accidently" fall and touch her dads crotch. then make sure to wink slyly when leaving.

13. Why is this dumb? I can see the reasoning behind it. "A strong man gives a strong handshake" a fragile man gives a fragile handshake.

14. because its meaningless..

So many factors go into what make up a man, or a person in general.. how they grab your hand is not one of em.

What if the strong man didn't get the right grip, the weak man knows of this 'judgement by way of handshake' shit so they give you a phony good squeeze lol

Just a stupid fuckin human concept

15. Aye I can see where your coming from dude but we are talking about meeting a dad, and would he not prefer his daughter to go out with a strong man rather then a fraile one? Who do you think has a better chance of defending his daughter, that's the only reason I said give a strong hand shake, can you see my point?

16. #16 TinManThaBoyBoy, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2013
    if your point is whether i agree with the concept or not doesn't change the fact that people do use this as a way to cast judgement then yea.. I see your point.

Of course the dad would want the strong man, its just he's choosing a batshit crazy way to determine who that is

I conform.. . I'm not sayin I don't give a strong handshake, because I don't want people throwing shallow judgements at me for something I can easily avoid..

But still.. its fuckin retarded.

17. ^ I agree that it is a stupid way to judge someone. I've had many times where someone reaches to grab my hand really quick, causing me to get a shitty grip and give an akward handshake.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Not trying to be a cunt but how could you not read that paragraph and see what my point is? My point was a dad would want his daughter to date a stronger man so there's more chance of protection for his daughter. Why is it so hard to speak to people on the city tonight?

19. I edited my post before you posted this..

20. #20 Z42OM, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2013

Just be like - 

"Sup , Im here to impregnate your offspring."  

Then blow cannabis smoke in their faces  :smoke: 

I promise they'll love you  :confused_2: