Meeting people at uni?

Discussion in 'General' started by zephyrstaint, Mar 25, 2012.

1. #1 zephyrstaint, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2019

2. Cheech and Chong...Internationally known and best way to not incriminate yourself.:cool:

3. Yeah I had a similar issue when I first moved to the States for college. I just started talking to people who were like sitting outside somewhere for break and I would strike up a convo regarding the recent lecture and like whatever and ask if he smokes pot. Since I'm in California most of them do so I just end up blazing with them and yeah, bada bim, bada boom.

4. Ask someone you sit near frequently how they're doing on the project, and if they wanna team up with you and work together. Deeper conversation will follow that, as long as you let it.

5. Don't feel awkward or anything because most people there are in the same situation as you, wanting to make friends and meet people. Just be outgoing. Don't be afraid to put yourself out there. You won't make any friends if you don't try.

I don't recommend smoking cigarettes at all, but I used to smoke when I was a freshman and I found smoking outside was a great way to meet other people. People come up and ask you for a cigarette and instantly you have a sort of captive audience to talk to for five minutes while you smoke together. I met lots of people that way.