mediumless mediums for DWC

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Xigma, Dec 1, 2008.

1. #1 Xigma, Dec 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2008
    i want to do a mediumless water culture in bubble buckets, but i need something tha twill support the many large buds my plant will grow

i was thinking of useing a pool noodle and net pot, but i been thinking what about marbles??

could u use glass marbles instead of hydroton?? i know thay dont wick or hold water but i would keep the net pot 2 inches under water like when u start new plants

marbles are heavyer than hydroton and wont grow fungus gnats, and are easy to clean. i would start the seedling or clone in perlite then rince off the perlite after it roots and place in an empty net pot and fill with marbles to support it

then the water lvl would be higher than it is with hydroton, cuz marbles dont wick or hold water. so the bottom 2 inches of the net pot would be in the res at all times

anyway would this work???i would get prolly a biger net pot than normal liek an 8 inch if i can find them.

i just want the marbles to be a heavy suport for the lower stem above the water lvl. and the roots will grow through the botom inch of marbles and thrroug hthe net pot holes, wich would make the plant abble to hold buds just as if it was planted in dirt

what do u guys think, the weight of the marbles arounnd the base of the stem mix wit the roots growing through the net pot . think it will hold a plant that gets 4 to 5 feet tall plant grown from seed budding under 400w HPS