Meditation tips

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Ilovejane, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Hey blades! I have just recently got into meditation and it's one of the most chill things I've ever done. I know it's not ideal for a 19 year old guy to do but I really enjoy it. I use the colors of the rainbow and focus on things of each color cause my mom told me. Is there any tips you guys can give me? It's really a cool experience any tips you guys can give would be dope.

2. Try looking into good meditation music. Like schuman resonance (sp?) or chakra music.

3. [quote name='"DaDankSkunk"']Try looking into good meditation music. Like schuman resonance (sp?) or chakra music.[/quote]

Thanks I'll check it out bro

4. #5 GaiaGuy, Mar 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2012
    I began actively meditating in Jr. High. Children much younger are taught how in Buddhist monasteries. Many elderly people are just now beginning to learn meditation as part of pain/stress reduction techniques. Meditation is for everyone.

I would suggest you start with "8 Minute Meditation" by Victor Davich. It comes at the topic from a Western mindset, and it has received some excellent reviews.

There are different techniques for meditation. Mindfulness is another variety. Buddhist, Zen… But start with 8 Minutes and you can explore the rest in time.

Peace.

5. Hey bro go to the Spirituallity and philosophy thread.In the stickeis is a thread on Meditation.If you look up Kundalini I bet you will find that interesting.It may be hard to understand at first but through reading and meditation till become a lot more clear.

Sendling love and positive vibes going your way.Stay up

Oh and don't worry about what others your age are doing.They'll see what's going on soon enough my friend.I'm only 20 age doesn't well atleast age shouldn't decide what you get to do for yourself.