Meditation and "The Buzzing"

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by revix, Apr 30, 2010.

1. I don't know why I never posted this here, but it just came to me to post. So im going to attempt to describe to you blades this "feeling" and what it sometimes leads to. Talking to my brother and my mom who have also experienced somewhat the same thing they seem to describe it as a buzzing feeling. I will possibly enter this buzzing when lying down napping or meditating

I would say it feels as if your whole body is pulsating to an established rhythm, you can feel it and you can also hear it. The buzzing in your body is almost like rhythmic pins and needles on my entire body, but with more of an energy feel to it (my body also gets hot when this happens and I start to sweat), hard to describe. The sound part of it is not real sound is it like a high pitched ring in your ears that can get louder as the "buzzing" becomes more intense.

Now that buzzing is not what im so baffled with, I believe it is some mental bridge between being awake and sleeping.

What gets me is that from this buzzing that I get some times if I am successful with grabbing onto it mentally and can concentrate I can increase the buzzing to become much more intense. This goes to a point where I instantly know that I reached the "point". At this point I start to feel my body being overtaken by this "buzzing feeling" (in this state I loose control of my body, like I cant move my any part of my body) but at the same time I am fully conscious and know where I am but cannot move my body. If I force my a body part to move for example flail my arm out, it will break the seal of the buzzing and stop it fully.

When this buzzing is super intense and takes over my body I begin to levitate after a few moments. It starts at my head as it begins to feel light and go into the air above me. It then travels like a slow moving wave through my body until my whole body is in the air a few feet above me, and at this point it just stays there. During this it honestly feels as if I am levitating, it could not be any more real to me. I also get scared when this happens because I think for some reason that I am going to get stuck in this for some odd reason and decide to break it.

This honestly is the best feeling I have ever had and I have had my share of altering drugs, none of them can even come close to this feeling of pure bliss and tranquillity.

So yeah the first time it ever happened the buzzing or the levitating was randomly taking a nap and ever since I have started meditating, and yearn for this feeling again. As of now the levitating has only happened 3 times randomly.

Hella long post, tried to break it up for ease of reading, anyway let me know what you think and if this has ever happened to you, it is very interesting stuff.

2. reiki. chi. Whatever you want to call it thats what it is ```````````` imma gonna go smoka bowl

3. Read up on astral projection a bit. Usually that buzzing happens right before you separate your ethereal body from your physical body. Next time it starts keep concentrating on it and either imagine that you are falling or imagine that there is a rope above you and concentrate on grabbing the rope and pulling yourself out these are the 2 most common exercises for projecting after you get to the buzzing state.

4. #4 dirtydingusus, Apr 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2010
  5. Besides legitimate medical conditions that could be the problem, I'd say were you focusing on a type of vibration used and/or spoken about in books containing information on the astral realms and astral projection.

If you're curious, run a quick search of those terms.
    If it's not a medical condition, that is.

6. nah man its no medical problem.

7. thats what i thought for 32 years.......seriously

apparently i have been having tiny partial seizures my whole life without knowing it ...
    the little ones would be like getting a head rush that keeps going... copper taste in my mouth ... funny feeling in my stomach.. and a rhythmic feeling thru my whole body...a sound like repetitive deep sound as well as little"visions"off to the side of my view.. as well as a red light from behind me turning everything red...

i described it to the doc as being like a flash back from a dream...

the way you discribe that you are expeerenceing espesialy the physical part- getting hot and sweating....

that statement right there discribes quite closely what i was going through- i also understand exactly what you mean about trying to hold on to it...make it last longer....make it take you farther.....

i spent 32 years trying to hold on to it!
    trying to make it take me farther...

always thought at those times i was tapping into something and if i figured out how i could get there!

well one day i did get there........I left this world completely....and wile i was gone some other version of me was running the show back here

worst part about it is comeing back ...knowing you had been there but cant remember a thing that happened .....
    then figureing out you are tied to a hospitial bed...
    only to find out it took several cops and paramedics to get me in the ambulance
    and several more to get me in the bed and tied down......

The other me ...the one that i switched with......was not a nice guy here.....could not handle this place at all! He hated my wife apparently...all he had to do was see her and was in a rage. would beat up paramedics and cops who came to try and help.....

then i would get back and have to deal with his mess.....
    they ususally only last a few min tops....
    and most people only have one at a time....
    the day i was diagnosed the doc told me i had more back to back partial seizures then anyone he had seen or heard of in 20 yrs of being a nurologist

soon after that even with the meds they gave me i was haveing them for3 or 4 days straight......
    i didnt want to come back

8. Thank you for the input guys, I have heard of astral projection, actually from my mom a while ago while I still lived with her. I did not even think that it could be a medical problem, it is always a possibility.

9. hell for me it wasnt a problem for years and years....

and that mite not be what you are expeerenceing at all?

all it is physicaly is extra electricity fireing off in your brain......
    who to say that isnt what you need to "project" you would have to be hooked up to an EEG wile expeerenceing the shit to know for sure?

if they did hook someone who was in the prosses of astraly projecting who knows what they may find out?

10. um, the vibration of life, the Om

[​IMG]

11. ok i get that - but that is still only one interpretation- i am looking for info now ,havent found any yet, on someone expeerenceing this wile being monitored by an EEG
    I have now read several discriptions of this from several sources.....
    I seriously think it is way to similar to the expeerences i have had! to be completly discarded....

What i am trying to find out isif there is that same extra electricity fireing off in your brain when you feel this vibration/ohm/ whatever you want to call it, as there is durring a partial seizure

12. the Om doesn't pertain to a definition, you can perceive it as whatever you please, vibrations, deep sounds, visual enactments of color and shape in your mind....

13. where im comeing from is.....I have felt all that and more.......when my right temporal lobe was fireing off way to much electricity.....
    i want to know if anyone has any info on someone expeerenceing this projection being monitored durring the expeerence by an EEG....i found reference to this being done but no info on the EEG readings?

14. That's the start of an OOBE. I would love to astral project. Read up on it some more so you can learn techniques to fully go out of body. I'm reading a really good book on it now called 'Adventures Out of Body'. You can get it on Amazon. Well worth the read.

15. I'm pretty sure astral projection is the same thing as lucid dreaming, it's just a dream in which you have great awareness and influence.

I myself have done this really well once or twice, I can do it when I'm suuper sleepy (like on the verge of falling asleep) and my limbs feel really heavy. I will try to sit up, and the will to sit up makes it seem like your spirit sits up right out of your body.

I 'got up' and didn't even realize I was dreaming. I walked out of my bedroom and into the hallway. The sun outside was shining a crazy purple/orange color into the room, I walked around a bit then woke up for some reason.

Very interesting and fun.

16. Close, but no cigar.
    Lucid dreaming is usually confined to your own personal "dream space" if you will.

Astral projection is what you described, an OBE, out of body experience.

Lucid dreaming is usually contained within the body, despite being able to get up and fly around in your dream space, or do whatever have you.