Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medicinal Sobriety

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Sam_Spade, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Greetings,

There are many threads about recreational users taking tolerance breaks or otherwise being forced into sobriety for unforeseen reasons.

As a medicinal cannabis user, I find total sobriety to be a tad bit more distressing.

Because of my work situation and work-related travel, I sometimes have no other choice than to not be able to get my medicine. Luckily, I only suffer from a Category 3 chronic illness, which is bearable but unpleasant to go without medicine.

I have the option of taking traditional opiate-based painkillers and a few other prescription medicine to achieve the same effect, but these leave me feeling drowsy and doped up, which is no appropriate in my line of work.

So again, I will be going several weeks without cannabis, and will be embracing it by occupying myself. I plan to make a trip to the library and spend most of my off-day reading and listening to tune on my headset.

Do any of you experience this? How do you cope? I'm really interested in individuals who use cannabis for a more serious condition than my own -- I mean being without medicine in a situation like that must be awful and very distressing.

Yours Truly,
    Sam_Spade