Medicinal Marijuana in Iowa

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by psychhawk, Jan 6, 2011.

1. I did quite a bit of research last night on this and found that last spring the Board of Pharmacy recommended to legislature the benefits of medicinal marijuana. Sadly, it was brought up only a short time before legislation closed. Now, some of the legislators are saying that it will probably not be talked about in 2011 while others have been speaking out on how marijuana should be fully legalized, not just for medicinal purposes.

64% of Iowans believe medicinal marijuana should be legalized(Board recommends legalization of medical marijuana | Iowa Independent).

If there can be a bipartisan consensus in Iowa, there could be a vote on it come this spring/summer (Board Backs Legalizing Medical Marijuana In Iowa - Des Moines News Story - KCCI Des Moines).

Iowa is more liberal than people give credit. Granted a lot of this state is old, conservative, farmers, but we did pass gay marriage so it makes me feel confident that medicinal marijuana may be legalized within 1-3 years.

I know one person who would benefit greatly from this, my grandmother who suffers from Parkinson's disease and a number of other illnesses. I hope she is around long enough to see this through.