Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medicinal Marijuana and Addiction Treatment

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by cash881, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Hey everyone,

I work for an organization that works with injection drug users. A lot of the rehabilitation centers that our clients go to do not allow them to use cannabis even though many of them have cards. I am currently looking for any information that shows that medical cannabis can be helpful in treating addiction. So far I've found very little information on the subject, and it seems that there hasn't been a whole lot of research on the matter. I wanted to see if anyone here has any links to the subject (preferably from academic journals, but news articles would be helpful as well).

So far all I have found is : Oaklanders Quitting Oxycontin with Cannabis | Legalization Nation

and Harm Reduction Journal | Full text | Medical marijuana users in substance abuse treatment

We are hoping to present to these centers and get them to change their policy on medical marijuana (if the research we fin supports it, of course).

I figured that if anyone had information about the subject, it would likely be here. Thank you guys so much!

2. Hi hon! I got what you need! :hello:

Just click the first link in my sig. Scroll way on down to the section called "Quitting Other Drugs". You'll find several more studies and articles on the subject. I think my "Granny Storm Crow's List" will be very helpful in your attempt to change your employer's policy concerning medical use of cannabis.

Granny :wave: