Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medicated coffee, tea and sodas

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by kaiwik, Oct 31, 2013.

1. I am a new mm patient, but not new to marijuana. My dispensary has medicated coffees, teas and sodas. My knowledge tells me that the compounds in mj are fat soluble, and as such I don't know how these beverages are medicated, and I don't want to spend money on a product that doesn't work. 

Help?

2. I've always wondered this too. Once I had a medicated soda with my buddy but we were already faded so it's hard to judge how potent it was.

3. My guess would be they infuse the soda with a tincture. They should mark the mg. on the beverage. I have never had one that was not homemade but my coffee is wonderful.

4. I have sampled several coffees and sodas...they don't provide the "high" that some patients might look for but they do provide pain releif and relaxation without the euphoria.

5. I'm sure you can make a canna coffee creamer....might taste weird though

6. I appreciate everyone's response, and considering all the ways there are to use medicinally I don't think this is the way I will go. I have used tincture in hot chocolate for a before bedtime toddy with good results. Again, thanks all.

7. I really like the cannibus infused sodas, every time I go to Colorado I pick a few up, there is one that looks like and tastes orange crush, and it's got the Colorado state flag on it. It's 400 mg of thc, I have a high tolerance for thc as I've been a chronic user for 20+ years and have a fatty liver, 1/2 of this soda will sit me on my ass for approx 12 hrs. And at $20 a bottle I think you could get several doses from one bottle as for the great state of N.M no one is making any sodas as of yet and most of the eatables have a very low amount of thc and the thc is very low. As is the product there selling here 1/2 the Thc 2 time the price. $360. Per oz on average.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

8. Keef Kolas are good, but you need about 2 to really feel the effects strongly. I like the tinctures too though, i put it in cough medicine or teas and coffees during this time of year and its nice :p

9. #9 nugasawrus, Nov 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2013
    It's interesting because with my understanding, sugar prohibits the efficiency of THC. So maybe they are using it as a carrier to avoid the intense 'high' while still providing the user with pain relief etc. :) Nugasawrus