Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medically speaking, why does marijuana make us think differently?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by The HappyCamper, Oct 29, 2012.

1. We all know marijuana makes us think differently, and many stoners have the same thoughts, such as ones relating to death, life, or "deep" things. Yup, you know the ones.

"Why are we here?"
    "What is my purpose?"

What chemical changes occur in the brain to cause these thoughts so much. And why are they DEEP thoughts, and why do we ALL get them?

2. I get them from time to time.

3. The chemical changes are our cannabinoid receptors getting THC and CBD, among the other chemicals.

The deep thoughts come from the cliche of weed making you wonder about the purpose of life. Sometimes it just slows people's thoughts down enough to forget all the distractions they've given themselves over the years.

I don't think there are any underlying connections between weed and the meaning of life, if that's what you're getting at.

4. Perfect answer.

5. Disconnection of the Ego.
    Depersonalization
    blah blah.

I think weed, if your susceptible to mild psychoactives like me, dissolves your ego and lets you see life through different eyes. It gives a different perspective. Different perspective = different thoughts/idea's/connections.

6. [quote name='"shadyonedeath"']Disconnection of the Ego.
    Depersonalization
    blah blah.

I think weed, if your susceptible to mild psychoactives like me, dissolves your ego and lets you see life through different eyes. It gives a different perspective. Different perspective = different thoughts/idea's/connections.[/quote]

Been depersonalized for 2 years now after smoking a 2g blunt. I feel indifferent to it.

7. you ever have trouble 'being in the moment' and feeling like your part of the fun?

8. [quote name='"shadyonedeath"']

you ever have trouble 'being in the moment' and feeling like your part of the fun?[/quote]

Holy shit...

That is my life story right there.