Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

medical w33d ,anxiety & moods

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by monsterhill, Mar 22, 2009.

1. I got a book from amazon on medical uses of mj which is a good book. It says in there that
    MJ can help anxiety depression and other mood problems
    but it can also make them worse. It goes on to say that inexperienced users are more prone to bad effects like anxiety when taking mj but its not as likely in more experienced users.

From past experience mj has helped me get over a anxiety attack. First time i was on the train in france coming back home and some guy on there sitting next to me was chugging away on a spiff i breathed a lot of it in and my anxiety went.

Today i was having a anxiety attack and light up a joint and my anxiety went. I suffer from depression too and can get angry and uptight about stuff i am just hoping that mj can relieve that stuff too.

i think it is indica/skunk that i tried for the first time today. In the past iv tried solids but that did not relieve anything.

Has anyone else on here use mj to relieve stress ,anxiety ,depression or other mood issues?.

Is smoking mj a good way to get fast relief ?

They say the effects of smoking lasts a few hours but eating mj lasts a lot longer but if you have 3 joints a day thats 6 hours relief.

2. yes yes yes .. but like you said it can have a reverse effect if you are inexperieced or smoke to much take a couple toked off a joint about 2-3 times a day ... i have severe anxiety and have for the past 11 years or so ... i have self medicated with MJ on a daily basis since i ran out of bud last night and had an anxitey attack it was horrible ... i JUST i mean JUST put out a blunt of some mids i get localy i bought about an hour ago so i didnt have to suffer anymore ... i dont get my MMJ until Thurday .. and am out of weed again eexcept for this roach i dont know what im going to do guess il go back in the yard and continue to work on cutting the grass and shit ... (blow my fucking high) come back in smoke the roach and try to get some sleep it been weel over 24 hours without sleep now ... im glad im rinilyat ease .... im sorry im rambling . .this shit pretty good ... (For mids) .. anyway yes weed helps anxitey .. just dont smoke to much ..

3. Smoke indica dominant strains. Sativas can cause panic attacks in people subject to them. You want something with lower THC and higher CBD. Industrial hemp is loaded with CBD, but no THC. If can find ditch weed, mix some into your smoke to relax you more. It is not a great high - but no panic.

clinton

4. Iv had about one joint and one hit from the bong and that's all im gonna have today. Its helped my anxiety

5. I think the green i have is indica as iv smoked it twice today and it makes me feel better but there is no high at all. I just feel very very tired.

6. The most common reason people have panic attack on weed is due to not knowing what to expect, hightened senses from the high, and/or thinking they had to much. If non of that bothers you, it should help, especially indica strains which relax you more then sativas which make you more energetic (not good for anxiety).

In my case, weed makes me more anxious because it's actually what started my anxiety (thought I had to much one night, very bad experience), and even indicas probably would (but havent tried) but I'm guessing so because I know "couch lock" and weird body sensations from indicas would scare me as well, I guess I need to try it some time...

7. Although i have only smoked a hand full of times in the past i have never had a bad experience with weed. My first time i got a nice buzz which was good for listening to music
    the other times i got like a happy mellow feelings.

This time was the first time i got couch lock and i would be lying if i said that i do not worry about whats going on but i reassure myself that the effects are natural and that its nothing to be scared about.

I found out that indica helps my anxiety but i am not sure if indica will help depression
    But i would like to find out.