Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medical vs street herb

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Vaked420, Jun 26, 2013.

1. I always thought the difference was mainly just potency and being able to know the sativa/indica ratio, but then I read somewhere that medical bud also has a few other properties/restrictions like no pesticides used, having certain chemicals weeded out(no pun intended) and a few other things.

Is this true?

2. It completely depends on what the doctors are usin it for, some medical growers use fertilizers to boost the thc levels for depressed people etc and some growers use fertilizers to lower the thc levels and raise the cbd levels which has more of a medical effect, for people with conditions such as epilypse or however you spell it

3. #3 morange, Jun 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2013
    Sort of half true to an extent. There are some reputable dispensaries and collectives that send their buds to the labs to be tested for potency and contamination etc. For the most part though, the only difference between medical marijuana and regular marijuana is one is being sold legally over a store counter, and the other on the black market. Plenty of medical marijuana finds it's wait to the black market, and there are commercial growers that supply legal dispensaries and also sell on the black market. Cannabis is the medicine, there's no tangible difference in terms of requirements to be medical.

I will say though, the higher the quality of the cannabis the better medicine it will be obviously, but there are plenty of people who use cannabis for medicinal purposes in non MMJ states, and their supply is either through the black market or home grown.

The real difference is mainly the knowledge you get to have about the strain you're purchasing. On the black market, you never know, but a good dispensary will tell you exactly what it is, what it came from, how potent it is and what ailment's it's suited for, etc.

4. going to a dispensary you pay for known genetics and most place send samples to a lab to test potency.  other than that dank weed is dank weed.  i get better prices and better herb from my friends than i do at the open dispensaries here and when i was growing i was donating it to dispensaries and to other shadier types (still card holders) where who knows where that medicine ended up.  

5. Some medical weed is better than street, some street weed is better than medicinal. I've got to enjoy both sides of the fence. I'd rather enjoy medicinal though.