Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

medical use for a number of things

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by monsterhill, Jan 2, 2010.

1. For many years iv suffered with nerves , anxiety ,depression & panic
    Sleep problems and psoriasis "skin problems"

Everyone i know has such a negative view on weed but i believe it helps with the above.
    I tried a certain type of indica and when im feeling down and like i cant go on and my thoughts start racing and i just want it to stop i toke up on my fav indica and i dont feel better.

When i have a bad anxiety or panic attack i toke up and within 5 mins the storm is over and i feel normal again.

When i cant sleep at night i toke up and my body feels relaxed enough to sleep and it also helps with the pain and itching of my psoriasisi would say it even helps it get better
    because psoriasis for me is stress related and when i toke i am calm which helps my psoriasis outbreak.

I decided this year i am going to make weed a part of my life style. I dont have muc money but i can grow and growing a handful of plants does not cost me as much as buying would.

maybe its weird but i just have a belief that my life is better and i am a better person when i toke up. usualy i am a very angry and upset person but all that goes away when i am stoned or high and i can function as normal.

i am thankful for marijuana if this plant did not exist i could not feel better and i would maybe on something else which has nasty side effects. Pot does not have any nasty side effects.

2. Laughter and the munchies:p only side effects i can think of.

3. I will never forget the first time i got the muches i was walking home i had a joint of some good skunk my friend gave me and i took a few hits and not long after i had the munchies
    i went to the shops after i had finished my joint grabbed a packet of lucky stars
    and i could not get them down fast enough haha.

It was funny.

Only side effects i get is the muchies i some times laugh and other times i get the frups.

Biggest side effect of all is wanting to grow as i enjoy growing. watching them and tending to them over the weeks and months and looking after them hehe and then chopping them down.

Is very rewarding to have your own

4. Hon, I am going to make your day! When those uneducated friends and relatives get on your case- show them the studies from "Granny Storm Crow's list" (Linked below in my sig) You'll find studies like these-

The efficacy and safety of nabilone (a synthetic cannabinoid) in the treatment of anxiety
    Clinical Studies and Case Reports.

Decreased depression in marijuana users. (may need free registration)
    Decreased depression in marijuana users.

Cannabis' Acts as Antidepressant
    'Cannabis' Acts as Antidepressant: The Hempire - [cannabis, hemp]

Cannabis And Depression Research
    Cannabis And Depression Research: The Hempire - [cannabis, legalise]

There's a lot more in "Anxiolytic effects" and "Depression" sections of my list. I just grabbed a couple as examples. And about your skin troubles clearing up- you are RIGHT! Isn't it great when science supports your own observations! :D

Substances Similar To The Body's Own 'Cannabis (Marijuana) Are Necessary For Healthy Skin And May Lead To New Skin Disease Treatments
    Substances Similar To The Body's Own 'Cannabis (Marijuana) Are Necessary For Healthy Skin And May Lead To New Skin Disease Treatments

Cannabinoid system in the skin - a possible target for future therapies in dermatology.
    Cannabinoid system in the skin - a possible target for future therapies in dermatology.

Granny's cannabis skin ointment really did work, new study shows
    Granny's cannabis skin ointment really did work, new study shows // Current

The endocannabinoid system of the skin in health and disease: novel perspectives and therapeutic opportunities.
    The endocannabinoid system of the skin in health a... [Trends Pharmacol Sci. 2009] - PubMed result

Now, I have PAGES and PAGES of studies and articles like those. I strongly suggest that you click the link for the "simple format" and just start reading! You can even give your friends and relatives a late Xmas present by getting yourself a copy of the list- see the very bottom of my sig for my list's email. The list will be in an easily forwardable attachment (WORD or PDF) in the return email.

You might end up giving those friends and relatives a whole new mindset for the New Year! :hello:

Granny :wave:

ps- In California, you could be legally using! Your local politicians could use the info in my list, too! Most of them know nothing about cannabis! And although cannabis isn't addictive, growing cannabis IS addicting! ;)

5. Hey thanks :)