Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medical Marijuanna for Insomnia

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by buuuurchhhh, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello im new to this site. I have mild to medium insomnia, well actually it is hard to measure the level of insomnia because there is no standard measurement of insomnia o_O Also because of my lack of sleep, it is hard to concentrate on simple tasks like typing this while music is playing. I have done SOME research but im not an expert on the legal matters surrounding marijuana so excuse me if i have some things wrong.

I have not seen a doctor about my insomnia because i dont want to. I know he'll prescribe sleeping pills or something else of that matter for me, which i am highly against. Actually im against pills in general, even simple ones such as advil. Since i have not seen a doctor about this i do not have an existing medical record "on paper" so to speak. By visiting a "cannabis friendly" doctor, i will need an existing record of my insomnia, which i lack. To get a Medical Marijuana recommendation, will i have to visit my current doctor to evaluate me and/or prescribe to me some form of medication first ? or can i visit the "cannabis friendly doctor" and explain my situation and hopefully he will be sympathetic towards me. And any other advice on this subject would be most appreciated. Please help.

2. I was signed off for my medical card from Insomnia and mild Depression.
    I mean I had been smoking for years, but now it was legal.

Now, you have to be careful how you word your Insomnia...
    Your doctor will sign off for a card IF you have a pattern with it.
    He/She won't do it unless it is keeping you from a job or causing other health problems.

I had mild depression with insomnia and was prescribed a card.
    You must be careful not to say "This has only been going for a couple weeks..."
    Then they will prescribe pills.
    Just tell them it's been a few months and it's getting you down.

Good luck!
    P.S.-I tend to stick with the purples to relive back pain and put me to sleep.

3. On a seperate note, I broke my collarbone in a sporting accident, the odd position the collarbone is now in (raised about 1/2 an inch above normal) causes discomfort and sometimes pain when working out, moving objets or while sleeping. Should I ask the doctor for a reccomendation for the pain in my shoulder instead of insomnia, which one do you believe he would accept more ? I already have a medical record for my broken collarbone but do not have a record of asking for pain pills, because I am against them, as stated in my earlier post.

4. Tell him you have chronic neck pain and headaches since your sporting accident.

Medical Cannabis Doctors dont prescribe pills

5. I never said the cannabis doctor will prescribe me pills, I was taking about my regular doctor when I see him for an evaluation. Also saying I have chronic neck pain would be lying, and impossible to prove, because my accident had nothing to do with my neck.

6. Please check the "Do You Qualify" sticky for your area and medical requirements.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.