Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medical Marijuana usage while being on probation?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by beanzy, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Ok, I live in louisiana right now and I am on probation, but my girlfriend is moving to Cali soon and so will I. I was wondering since Im on probation. What are the laws based on being on probation and being eligible for medical marijuana? I was just curious because I got autism, anxiety, depression, and frequent moderate back pains. But I am on probation and I have a cousin thats a lawyer that said I can get my probation moved to a different state. Me and my girl are planning on living in Santa Monica. I may decide that I don't wanna smoke anymore completely but I am curious.

2. usually its up to the PO office and/or judge to decide if they will let you move to another state. Also, the new state would have to agree to it. If the PO office is understaffed because of budget cuts, they might not allow it. and pretty much all of cali is under budget cuts.... not sure about the PO office specifically.

Hope you have some money or you or your girl is getting a good ass job, cuz santa monica is VERY expensive

3. Depends on whether your probation is being transferred. If it is, you can petition the court in CA to be allowed to use mmj. If it isn't being transferred and you currently live in a mmj state, check your state law. If it isn't being transferred and your state doesn't have mmj, no you will NOT be allowed to use mmj (This is currently my situation... err very similar to it)

Have you spoken to your PO? Without permission, you probably aren't even allowed to leave the state on vacation... let alone move altogether.