Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Insomnia Medical Marijuana: the herbal magic to cure insomnia?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by marijaymade, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Sleeplessness or insomnia is an affliction that affects millions of people around the world. At some point in their lives, adult people have experienced it. People having this condition either have a harder time of staying asleep or falling asleep. They can also experience both symptoms.
    Missing out on a good night’s sleep affects your daily activities of living from working, socializing, eating, exercising, and driving. Prescription medications are usually the way for these afflicted people to sleep and stay asleep during the night.
    However, the unpleasant side effects of these sleep medications can almost be as serious as insomnia itself. Side effects range from hallucinations, depression, and drowsiness during the day, forgetfulness, constipation, aggression, and more.
    Can medical marijuana provide the timely answer to insomnia? Alberta University in Canada recently made a study to find out the result of marijuana with regards to the loss of appetite in cancer patients. The surprising result was the effective help of CBD towards insomnia. Patients began to sleep and eat better with marijuana.
    Yet, some human studies have found that the sleep-inducing effect of CBD may not differ much from other popular sleeping medications like Valium. However, would the use of CBD be as addictive as valium?
    This question needs further studies to find out the real score of CBD use for insomniac patients.

• Like Like x 1
  2. CBD is a good treatment for insomnia that is caused by stress.
    But it is a mild stimulant, and harms sleep for some people, much like caffeine.

THC is the sleepy stuff, and strong indicas supply that, along with other (possibly unknown) sleep promoting compounds.

3. I have found a combination of Indica THC strain and indica CBD strain help me sleep.

4. If I smoke some I sleep peacefully if not I sleep maybe 3 of 24 hours.