medical marijuana pushing against the decriminalization of pot

Discussion in 'General' started by POWskier, Sep 20, 2012.

1. I don't really understand why they are doing this other than money. All I hear them argue about is the 5 nano gram blood limit. Right now in washington it is ZERO tolerance to drive stoned. "Medical Marijuana" is such a sham. For sure some people need it for medicine but there are far more people smoking medical marijuana just because it's a legal loophole to get stoned. Medical weed is expensive and IMO over priced. The answer is legalization and initiatives like I-502 need to be passed in order for us to fully legalize marijuana sometime in the near future. Once marijuana is legalized, over time we will see drops in the price of herb. It takes small steps to get there though. If we stick with medical marijuana we will be sidetracked.

The decriminaliztion of weed up to an OZ, will keep far less people out of jail, and make me way less sketched out when a cop pulls up on me in a park when I'm smoking my spliff. :D

2. i didnt read too much on it but im thinking the dispensaries love how they operate right now but mostly in my own mind i think its the money they bring in for themselves. i do like how they operate but i think making weed legal would be a huge step forward.

but don't mind me i do 0 studying on this shit.i just talk to workers at dispensaries before and their arguements aren't that great lol.

3. They all work together, I don't know where you get they are fighting each-other? It will work in a process like this,

First comes; Medical Marijuana then> Decriminalization then> Legalization + Taxation

In that order

4. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyJRk68ieQo]I-502: Is it the right approach? - YouTube[/ame]

Here is an article if anyone wants to read it.

Why Medical Marijuana Providers Are Opposing Legalization Efforts in Washington and Colorado - Hit & Run : Reason.com

I don't know why stoners don't vote for this. I think its just because they are miss informed and don't understand the law. Obviously it isn't full legalization but its way better than the law right now. Soon after this passes I am sure legalization will follow.

5. There are definitely medical dispensaries and patients that have gotten together and formed a group called No I-502. Really they just want to get more money and have people have to go through the medical marijuana market to get bud. This law will not change anything with medicinal dispensaries.

6. The real reason behind the "No on I-502" campaign is, in my opinion, the fact that after legalization they wont be able to charge black market prices for a mostly unprocessed plant that anyone can grow themselves.