Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medical marijuana license?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by RollFatBlunts, Mar 31, 2010.

1. i was wondering if anyone knew if i went to cali and got my medical marijuana license, if i moved back to maine if i would still be able to grow my own plants without getting in trouble or does the license have to be from maine to be able to grow there?

2. The state you live in must have mmj laws, and you would need a req from a local Dr. unless the laws allow for other state reqs.

3. Only In cali i'm pretty sure

4. last i read only rhode island and montana recognize out of state cards....but that was before the recent changes n shit

5. Why would you go to cali if maine has MMJ? you can only get a card in the state that you're a resident of. But if somehow you moved to cali, got your card, then moved back, then yes it would work b/c maine, montana, michigan and rhode island all accept other states medical cards.

6. haha i knew those 2 i said did before law changes last month, now i know THE TRUTH lol

7. Well id move to cali to get it because its a lot easier to get it there then anywhere else because medical marijuana has been there for a lot longer then in maine so their more likely to give it to me then anywhere else.

8. if it was still feb. i would say CO has the easiest system for getting one. Took me 15 mins to get a card and another 10 to drive to the dispensary/register/and buy me some meds. But now its all complex and stupid

9. false, if you can't get it in Maine, then you clearly don't have anything warrenting your need for medical mj. you need proof of your medical condition no matter what state your in. ive seen people get rejected right before me in cali. I had paperwork, so it was easy.

10. How do you know? Maybe it is very difficult in Maine. NJ's law is certainly absurd. It is not even accross the US by any stretch. I say we leave it up to CA MJ doctors to decide.:smoking:

11. Maybe, but if Maine has medical marijuana doctors, then they have the same mindset as California medical marijuana doctors. If they accept cards from other states in Maine, and California DOESN'T accept other state's card, what makes you think that Maine is any more strict that California? Sounds to me like its just as easy. OP probably got rejected in Maine and now he's trying other states. If the OP is willing to spend hundreds to go all the way to Cali, why not just spend that money trying various doctors in Maine. There's just no point to go through all that work when you can get it in Maine.

12. well i know here incolorado we have had mmj on the books since 2000

BUT

the explosion of patients and dispensaries didnt happen until this past year.

Cali had there law passesd in 96, but it also took them about a decade to get the BIG BOOM in patients and dispensaries.

i dont know much about maine law, but if its new, it will probably take awhile for docs to become familiar with it and begin writing recs as easily as they do here in colorado, or in cali.

im not real sure what caused it to grow so fast so quick here and in cali. but i swear it was like it was over night!