Medical Marijuana Indoor Growing: Suppies And Tips?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Courage2Grow1991, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Hey All,

I'm a Medical Marijuana patient in the state of Michigan. I have a condition called Cerebral Palsy and I use the medical cannabis to relax my muscles and all around free my mind. I have been smoking for about five years and I've been around marijuana for a lot longer. I have decided that Indica strains work best for me... but enough about me lets get to the point shall we?

One of my main dreams in life is to own my own dispensary and shed a different light on Marijuana. I want to open peoples eyes and show them a new perspective, show people how the plant can help like it has in my life, but before I can do that I need to start growing my own. No one should own a dispensary and know nothing about growing am I right?

I've had friends that have grown but I have never done it myself. So my questions are: If I want to grow indoors what would be the best method to do so? What all do I need? I have looked into those growing cabinets but I'm  not sure where to get them? also, How much are they? growers: what kind of nutrients should I use? and what kind of lights and all that?

Any tips or comments are appreciated! Lets chat, I think it's about time I get out of this noob stage and start growing my own shit since it's a cause I feel so passionate about.

Peace,
    Rob

2. Hi! 

I like the way you think. I'll be happy to help with whatever I can.

Best thing you can do to get started is to take some time to read through some of the larger threads here by experienced growers...I have a link to my help thread in my sig, you can get started there, or browse which ever forum section you like and start looking at what ever methods appeal to you most.

....you should choose a method based on your specific goals and situation such as - plant numbers, area to grow in, electricity limitations, $ budget etc. Is there a certain method you're interested in trying (soil, hydro, aero)? Or do you just want a solid suggestion of where/how to start? Do organics matter?  ....the more info you can supply will help to make more specific suggestions.

I usually suggest people start in coco rather then soil...I feel it's much easier as long as you're doing everything right. There are several coco grow guides out there and if this interests you I can put up some direct links.

...as far as grow cabinets...best thing to do is just get a small cabinet or dresser at a second hand store and build it yourself (armoire or tv cabinet works great for a small grow.. Most people that buy the prebuilt ones are disappointed when they see how simply they're put together...and how much they paid.

I can type and ramble about growing weed all day...so be careful what you ask me  lol!  :smoke:   

3. Two points I slightly disagree with, Bongsauce.
    I feel that a living organic soil would be the easiest for a newbie just starting out ( as long as you're able to source the ingredients). No checking pH, no worrying about nutrient burn, and no guessing what your plant needs.
    And I totally agree with people being disappointed with their 500$ grow cabinets. They end up being some plywood, pc fans, cfls, and some mylar. It maybe costs the company 30$ in materials at most. But I think if you aren't worried about stealth a tent would give you many more options as well as more workspace.
    Just my thoughts :)

4. I'd say pick up a grow tent and set it up properly with lighting and exhaust fans, pick up some seeds, some soil and pots and look into Nitrogen fertilizers for vegging and Phosphorous for flowering

5. actually I think a tent would be a better choice too...sorry I always have stealth on my mind :D

6. Solid advice above, let's see of I can help. Best advice I can give is keep it simple stoner, With that being said first and formost before thinking of any medium or what strains you want to grow and nutes and what not, you need to get your environment too the cleanest and most controled within your abilitys. That's first. Make sure you can control the heat and humidity, light leaks, elecrical load, smell, etc things will be much easier for you this way believe me. Also when it comes to choosing a media you want to use, it's gonna come down to how much time you have to spend tending to the garden and just finding what works for you. Soil is usully going to take the least amount of effort and be the most forgiving for a new grower, this doesn't mean it's gonna be easy and shits automatically gonna be some killa. Just means if you water it and give it light at the right times, your have buds at the end of the day. Ph and ppm as long as you stay LIGHT on nutes won't matter AS MUCH as they would in any soilless media where it plays a much bigger factor, they also have water only "supersoils" out there which seem to do OK in my opinion, just don't overwater!! Less is more in soil!!. If you can do a little math and want to "set it and forget it" hydroponics can be pretty simple as long as you check up on things and make sure ph and ppm stay in check and keep on top of ya resivor. bubble buckets work great for beginners seeing as it will be a one plant system very easy to keep clean and you can taylor to each plant, then there's more complex hydro am aero systems like undercurrents and ebb and flow and etc, the are also pretty simple... but a lot less forgiving if shit goes wrong seeing multiple plants will be eating the same meals. I grew in buckets and dwuc for years with awsome results and never had much problems even when first starting. Then there's stuff like coco, and rockwool cubes and vermi and peatmoss, there's so many ways is absolulty unreal, pretty much anything is possible and I pretty much tryed it all. What where u thinking? Let me know what's in your head and I'll do my best to help as in sure will others also. .

Rhode Highland. Keep it terpy my friends.
    #thatterplife

7. Wow thanks everyone.. I was thinking the most simple way would be good for now then maybe I can expand. I'm not entirely worried about stealth but I Don't really need the whole house smelling like weed (as much as I would enjoy it) I'd like to do hydro as well... the box I was originally looking at was the BC Northern Roommate.. That ended up being $2200. The other one I looked at was the cash crop 4.0 hydro 6 plant box. I don't think I would start out with 6 pants... probably just 2. I don't have much room but it should be enough for a fridge size?

I wouldn't be against building one but I don't know where I would get them built and I don't want to fuck it up.. has anyone had the cash crop? Maybe I should just save up and get the fancy BC Roommate?