Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medical Marijuana in PA

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by AlexJ-Blazed, Oct 26, 2009.

1. that would be too good to be true. so it woulnt happen.

2. It could happen. Write your reps if you live in Pennsylvania.
    Pennsylvania - MPP Action Alert Page

Some more info if anyone is interested on the status. Currently not much has happened with it at all...hopefully will come to vote sometime soon.
    The Pennsylvania General Assembly

It looks like Health and Human services are not looking at it anytime soon:
    The Pennsylvania House of Representatives - Standing Committees List

Good thing some are recruiting to lobby and testify to get the bill voted on right away, during the fall of this year!:
    PhillyNORML - News - "Want to Tesify at HB1393's Upcoming Hearings? Instructions Inside!"
    Support Pennsylvania HB 1393 Medical Marijuana - fall lobbying project

3. My Husband has MS and if they would approve it... It sure would take a lot of stress off of us. Joe is a disabled vet he wont smoke it but I do an he is in the room with me and gets a second hand high and he is a whole new person and it helps him so much.

4. Hi Befree! Welcome to GC! You need to click the Grass City link in my sig, scroll down to MS and get the hubby reading!

Now about getting cannabis legal in PA- everyone, become an activist! I've managed to "raise a few waves" while maintaining a low profile locally. You can manage it too.

First thing- BOOKMARK a site with your local politician's emails and addresses and use it! When you email your locals, do a print copy of your letter and send it by snail-mail, too! You make every comment do double duty that way. In a politician's mind, an email is equal to 100 voters. A snail mail is equal to 1,000 voters. Be a voice!

Second- get yourself a copy of "Granny Storm Crow's list" (email below to get it)! Very useful! When you send that snail mail letter- print up an abstract of a study, or an article like "Cannabis Compound May Stop Metastatic Breast Cancer" on the back of the letter. Share the list with doctors, reporters, politicians, friends and relatives! And you read the list, too- educated activists are more effective!

Third- Network with other local activists. Maybe even make a donation to NORML or ASA?

Fourth - Check the local online newspapers for MMJ articles and comment on them! Writing a few letters to the editor is also good.

Look, you guys have got to get things moving! Sitting around hoping for legalization does NOTHING! GET BUSY! Make it happen!:hello:

Or do you like being a "criminal" for using a safe, nontoxic, time-tested herbal remedy? :(

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1
  5. :) Storm Crow

Thank You 110% You have helpped out alot!!!

BeFree
    Heidi

6. Hello Everybody

we have been working hard in PA but we do need your help

Please see our PA thread on how you can help now is prime time to get this done

http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-marijuana/443017-pa-hearing-september-2nd-you-must-there-3.html

UPDATE:
    The PA House is in recess until at least after the election. They are currently in their own districts for you to visit personally with your own legislators.
    The Fall schedule isn't set yet, so they might not be back in Harrisburg for us to lobby them there for a while after the election.

If you are interested in learning how to lobby, please contact Chuck.
    Current lobbyists are: Nick, J. R., Jesse, Dave, Rollie, and of course, Chuck. Teams of 2 are VERY effective!

PARTICIPATE IN YOUR GOVERNMENT!

Chuck's Statistics and Findings:
    Out of every 10 eligible voters in America only 6 actually register to vote.
    Out of those 6 only 5 make it to the poles to vote on election night.
    Out of those 5 only 1.5 voters acutally know the integrity or anything else about the local legislator that they are voting for.
    This shows that 3 out of 10 voters are making the laws for everyone to follow.
    After researching this issue, I have found a way to influence atleast 5 of the 7 voters who are uneducated about who they are voting for. This brings any legislators job to a 50/50 vote at the polls on the night of the election. Stay tuned for my grand plan!!!