Medical marijuana in new orleans?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by reallyhighguy, Jan 16, 2014.

1. So one of my friends said he went to NOLA and saw a medical marijuana dispensary. I have yet to find proof of it, but he swears that he looked through the glass and saw jars of nugs and stuff. Does anyone have any info on this? I know it's decriminalized in new orleans, but that doesnt mean there can be dispensaries, right?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. #2 runthistown18, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2014
    Lol there's no Medical Marijuana dispensaries here....Trust me.
    It's just decriminalized basically.

I'll say give it another 10-12months...Burbone st and the Quarters is fit for dispensaries/fully legalization.

3. To many up tight a-holes in Louisiana, i dont think we will ever see a dispensarie in NOLA.

4. Seems more and more states are legalizing medical marjuana. Strictly speaking, legalization and decriminalization are not the same things, though many people think that they are. Granted, a lot people don't know the difference between “you're” and “your” or at least can't demonstrate that they do.The difference between the two is the decriminalization is where something is no longer necessarily totally illegal, but is still regulated.

5. wish there was a dispensary in the new orleans, hopefully in the next year or so we will get one. Jindal just said the other day he is open to having a tightly regulated medical marijuana industry but he doesn't think so highly of a recreational one.