medical marijuana in Maryland is moving to the state Senate

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Remo2025, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Maryland medical marijuana bill passes House - Baltimore Business Journal
    Very exciting times for Marylanders!
    House of Delegates passed the MMJ bill on Monday with 108-28.
    Its expected to pass in the senate as well.
    So far from what Ive read they are speaking about an License fee of 10k
    with 5k yearly fee. 18 plants seem to be the total number for any card hodler and wholesalers will have to pay $50 per once in taxes.
    If any of the above is incorrect feel free to correct me as I am still researching.
    Here hoping the senate make it law.
    Happy growing blades!

2. Maryland Medical Marijuana
    in addition to the MMJ law they are also voting to lower the penatly of possesion of MMJ
    to a $100 fine.
    If you can prove it is for medical use...

3. thats good to see

4. I'm not so sure that the latter part of your statement is accurate. I was under the impression that there were three bills--decrim, medical, and full legalization. Medical has passed the house and is on to the senate. The decrim bill passed the senate and is now in the house--but nowhere have I heard that it only applies to medical use. Pretty sure anyone who wants to carry around less than 10 grams will only risk a $100 fine (if passed by the house and signed by the governor).

Last year legislation passed that allowed for those caught with weed to use medical necessity as a defense..

Also, the decrim bill seems like better progress than the medical bill, in my opinion. The medical bill will be very limited and will only be with academic research institutions. In other words, it doesn't sound like otherwise healthy people like me can go out, poorly document some condition, and receive a medical card. Still, this is good for those who depend on it--the real medical users.

5. Your right that last part I added wasnt about Medical use but a escape goat for people caught with a certain amount of marijuana.
    Honestly im not a fan of that nor am I a believer in faking an illness to receive
    any sort of treatment. I read the MMJ bill was for research and the state and licensed people could produce mmj for patients.( I have not heard what illness were going to be considered but,I suffer from ptsd and I have been disfigured in a car accident which cause all types of pain and mental issues in which I have been self medicating.
    So I hope for people like me the bill is passed and I can safely treat myself and others without any unnecessary stress.

If you find anymore info please post it
    thanks for your reply

6. Just received a court summons in the mail today for possession les then 10G I face 90 days and $500 fine so lets hope some bills get passed and drop me down to a $100 fine and no criminal charge since Maryland loves so give you charges for everything

7. I am very skeptical that this medical bill, with its limited scope, is going to make any impact whatsoever.

8. Agreed. Sounds like there will be a very limited number of institutions authorized to provide marijuana and it will be fairly difficult to become a patient.

Oh well, some progress is progress. Hopefully the decriminalization bill passes--as long as you don't get caught with too much it ain't no thang (except a fine).