Medical Marijuana in Illinois

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by MrCleanKicks, Apr 17, 2013.

1. I read It should easily pass the Senate also. Does any one know if the Gov will veto or not?

2. If this passes, will IL be the 20th mmj state?

3. Is it only going to be for cancer, m.s. and aids patients? What about chronic pain sufferers?

4. Copied straight from the bill....these are all of the "Qualifying" conditions:

(h) "Debilitating medical condition" means one or more of
    11\t\tthe following:
    12\t\t (1) cancer, glaucoma, positive status for human
    13\t\t immunodeficiency virus, acquired immune deficiency
    14\t\t syndrome, hepatitis C, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis,
    15\t\t Crohn's disease, agitation of Alzheimer's disease,
    16\t\t cachexia/wasting syndrome, muscular dystrophy, severe
    17\t\t fibromyalgia, spinal cord disease, including but not
    18\t\t limited to arachnoiditis, Tarlov cysts, hydromyelia,
    19\t\t syringomyelia, Rheumatoid arthritis, fibrous dysplasia,
    20\t\t spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury and
    21\t\t post-concussion syndrome, Multiple Sclerosis,
    22\t\t Arnold-Chiari malformation and Syringomyelia,
    23\t\t Spinocerebellar Ataxia (SCA), Parkinson's, Tourette's,
    24\t\t Myoclonus, Dystonia, Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy, RSD
    25\t\t (Complex Regional Pain Syndromes Type I), Causalgia, CRPS
    26\t\t (Complex Regional Pain Syndromes Type II),

5. This is huge. I'm celebrating!

6. i just read an article saying that gov quinn is open to the idea of medical cannabis so that helps our chances!

7. Depends. Maryland prob is the 19th waiting on Gov there i think. Also New Hampshire, and a few more might get there first.

8. It'll be the 19th I believe. Bump this shit

9. About damn time. I get really embarrassed about how backwards Illinois can keep being in . . . well . . . everything.

10. Today's update on HB1 (Illinois Medical MJ bill)

As we all know, the bill has passed the house and been delivered to the senate (where it will still be called HB 1) and has had it's first reading

In the senate the chief sponsor is Bill Haine ( D - Alton )

The good news is that last night the bill picked up two co-sponsors: Linda Holmes (D- Aurora) and Iris Martinez (D - Chicago)

Please call your state senator in support of this bill and urge them to become co-sponsors

11. I'm sorta disappointed by the bill already. I am really opposed to lawmakers setting a discrete list of disorders that can officially be treated with cannabis. Just because you're on a state legislature doesn't mean that you should be making medical decisions. I'd definitely prefer an open-ended list of conditions like in Michigan. I hate that Illinois is more worried about someone not being "sick enough" to need cannabis getting some versus creating red tape that will prohibit people that could be helped by it from getting any.

12. While I'm not thrilled by this bill either --this is the bill that passed (and just barely)
    when Rep Lang first started introducing medical MJ bills they were much more liberal --and the more he tightened the restrictions, the more votes he got

The house republicans would rather have 12 people who need it go without -- than to allow 1 person who doesn't need it to have access

13. IL current list of illnesses qualifying:

In addition, psychiatric conditions would not qualify. The specific conditions included in HB 1 are: cancer; glaucoma; HIV/AIDS; hepatitis C; amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS); Crohn's disease; agitation of Alzheimer’s disease; cachexia/wasting syndrome; muscular dystrophy; severe fibromyalgia; spinal cord disease; Tarlov cysts; hydromyelia; syringomyelia; spinal cord injury; traumatic brain injury and post-concussion syndrome; multiple sclerosis; Arnold Chiari malformation; Spinocerebellar Ataxia (SCA); Parkinson’s disease; Tourette’s syndrome; Myoclonus; Dystonia; Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD); Causalgia; CRPS; Neurofibromatosis; Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy; Sjogren’s syndrome; Lupus; Interstitial Cystitis; Myasthenia Gravis; Hydrocephalus; nail patella syndrome; residual limb pain; or the treatment of these conditions.

14. fibromyalgia can not be positively tested for.

If you go to the doctor and complain about your bones hurting enough they will diagnose you with "fibromyalgia" and theres nothing anyone can do to prove you don't have it .

My mother in law did it to get pain pills for years .

15. Illinois Senate debating medical bill right now

vote will be today!

16. Bill just passed the Senate 35 -21

Now start pounding Governor Quinn in support.....