Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

medical marijuana in california

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by kangaroo, Apr 28, 2010.

1. hey guys i live in los angeles, california and i have been debating on getting a medical card for a couple months now. being medicated provides so many benefits for me personally but i still am curious on the privacy of getting a recommendation.

i really want to know when i get a card, who will know that i have one,

and i also would like to know if anyone can find out that i have one.

also, if i get a job, what are the negatives there.

thanks alot.

2. Nobody but you and your doctor will know about your recommendation. You however can still be fired or denied the job if you fail a drug test.

3. I just laugh when I see these strings about getting medical marijuana cards quickly followed up with the line of "I'm not a stoner". California stands out among those for the widespread presence of dispensaries - businesses that sell marijuana and even advertise their services.

4. It depends on what kind of work you want to do. Many companies no longer test for thc, or they only test on hiring. With the economy, many companies are cutting back on unnecessary hiring expenses. My husband's employer (HUGE company) stated that to save money and respect mmj patients, they aren't including thc in drug testing, just hard drugs.

Once you get your card, NOBODY will know unless you tell them. Your doctor can't release any of your records without your permission or a warrant. It is against federal law for any private medical information to be released.

I recommend to any of my friends that smoke and have medical conditions to pony up and get a recommendation. It's peace of mind that if you're stopped and have been following the laws, you're almost certain to have any charges dropped.