Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medical Marijuana in Cali is dead

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by briangumble, Mar 29, 2012.

1. @xdog-Compared to what we had, we are left with a meesly ratty bunch. Better Health Group is closed, but they're still listed.
    And yes, it is illegal about the BHO hash, but I saw 2 that had it today but ones prices were crazy! $60-/gr of wax? $30/keif! They are trippin'!!
    I love deliverys! I signed up with Northstone a couple summers ago & was in love! Then they got raided, nuff said! I don't want my name in every dispensary that gets popped!
    My most recent shut down, but, it was a small collective, so, you know.
    I just want the insanity if all this shit to stop! It's turning people against people, the reviews in WM's are getting a little nasty. Tensions are high up here.
    So, sigh. lol

2. That sucks, the honey oil candies are really the only thing that helps me when the pain gets really bad. Luckily I live in CO.

3. You know, I don't think so! The few remaining places we have, only 2 had it on their menu today.
    Like I said, along with some friends, we do agree that 'something' is going on up here, but the agenda makes No sense!
    Voters voted & passed an extra 10% sales tax on mmj. It was in effect about 2 weeks (almost 18%tax!!) when all the raids started. And finding out that Vallejo has No idea what was/is going on.
    And it's not just over that hash, wax, oil.
    It's bigger than that.

4. “Marijuana continues to be a federally controlled substance, despite the fact that California voted to make medical marijuana legal,” Barnes said. “Anything involved the criminal aspects of cultivating and distributing marijuana, we will investigate that.”

Despite Cali voters (aka We The People), why not just say, "Yo! Your laws dont mean shit! We own you all!"

Oh that's right, it has to be a gradual push. Medicinal laws? What laws?

Quoted from:
    Oaksterdam University raided as part of DEA criminal investigation - BlogPost - The Washington Post

5. Yeah, yeah. I'm reminded daily that our Trusted (cough) Leaders (Cough COUGH) are simply trying to kill us.
    :smoke: Sigh!

6. this.
    i live downtown in gaslamp and there were like 5 or 6 within a mile of me and they're all gone, all switched to delivery and half of the delivery services i've seen didn't last because a lot of people don't feel cool with it. i, personally live in a building with a couple douche bags that keep their nose in my business and a comedy club just opened in the basement so there's people lined up outside like 4 nights a week and it just feels shady to pull the delivery guy into the stairs to get what i need like i'm buying something illegal just so i don't get stared at every day.

there was also one in mission valley that i liked okay, mostly because it was one of the only physical places left within a decent distance from me and they were shut down after like a month. if it's not dead in the rest of california, it's for sure dead in san diego.

7. I love delivery! If there were any left up here, I'd be calling about Now!
    I've been with several delivery services for mmj. Everyone I have ever met, is clean cut, professional but casual.
    I was leary at first too, but if you have access, try it just once! Read the reviews on their site or WeedMaps.
    Good luck!!
    DebbieDid!

8. venice medical center still open lol

9. We have dispensaries up here that are opened. It's just I don't trust them anymore!
    1 I belong too is selling grams of Louis XVI for $25! No testing & pre packaged! No way I'm going to buy that just to have it crumble to dust when I get home!
    Have to be So careful.
    I wish were back to a couple years ago :(

10. san bernardino county has been getting on it too...fucking sucks.

11. [quote name='"debbiedoes"']we have dispensaries up here that are opened. It's just i don't trust them anymore!
    1 i belong too is selling grams of louis xvi for $25! No testing & pre packaged! No way i'm going to buy that just to have it crumble to dust when i get home!
    Have to be so careful.
    I wish were back to a couple years ago :([/quote]

l.e.s?

12. I think they just do that shit to let everyone know who's boss and then it dies down again for a while

13. @purp-yup.
    And we got a New one! (stupid time & place too)!
    And a couple more closed.
    It sucketh up here!!
    :bongin:

14. This is one example of why clubs are being raided. As much as I love and need marijuana, not everyone is using it responsibly or safely.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm3QDKpWhnk]how not to make hash part 3 - YouTube[/ame]

15. Again with the hash? I picked up Kush Magazine from Safeway the other day & was Shocked at the full page ads from dispensaries that have multiple strains of hash oil, oils & waxes. Pages of them! All down south.
    So, why pick on our rinky dink little town & it's embarrassing dispensaries compared to these large ones??

16. I think we need a stoner for a president!! :smoke: anyone agree?

17. Socal still doin it big what you talkin bout? Santa Ana, Garden Grove, Anaheim all day! We got more damn dispensaries than we got starbucks! ahaha...seriously though it sucks hearing about places being shut down, but i haven't heard any around here that have been, just switched management.

18. I just wonder what their logic is? Gang up on a few little towns up north?
    I just don't understand!

19. What are you talking about Sadrules? DEA is in your neighborhood right now and last week was the final date for voluntary shutdowns.

Feds Raid Yet Another Costa Mesa Pot Dispensary

By Nick SchouFri., Mar. 9 2012 at 12:00 PM
    Categories: Cannabis Chronicles

​The Obama administration racked up another big victory in the war on drugs yesterday when U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) agents, backed by Costa Mesa police and fire units, raided the Bayside Patients Association. That's right, everyone: the Mexican cartels have been disarmed, the last decapitation video has been filmed, nobody uses meth anymore, so finally the DEA is free to go after the real enemy: cannabis collectives so brazen in their criminality that they have signs out front telling the police how to find them--even hours of operation posted in plain view!

Late yesterday morning, a van full of DEA agents accompanied by squad cars and fire trucks descended on the Bayside dispensary at 19th St. and Newport Blvd. The raid reportedly took place one day after the deadline expired to voluntarily shut down in response to a letter sent to every collective in town following similar raids in January. According to the Daily Pilot, three people were arrested, ten pounds of marijuana confiscated, and a safe containing cash was hauled onto the sidewalk and sawed open. Although the DP claims photos of the safe-cracking operation were posted on the firefighter's association Facebook page, the most recent posting appears to be from the day before the raid and no such photos could be found today.