Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medical Marijuana in Cali is dead

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by briangumble, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Yeah I don't understand that, I'd think they'd be more apt to leave you guys alone up in NorCal but apparently not. We've had a few shut down like I said, but rumors fly, and the line between "it got raided" and "got shut down" is muddled, so I don't know the stories exactly, but I know over 200 were in a lottery down here to either stay open or be shut down, and a lot of good new places were outta here in no time unfortunately. The next to be shut out are the dispensaries with hash bars, no doubt, which is becoming a very popular thing down here rapidly...at this point I don't think it's an "if" but a "when" for them, and I'd hate to see them go...there's one I go to, owned by a real good, friendly guy, who just renovated the whole bar, looks sleek as heck, and he could lose the whole damn thing now...I suppose that's a risk he's willing to take, but at any rate, it SUCKS

2. I hope they don't all close!
    I worry about the older patients, really really sick ones that have no idea how to obtain their meds other than from a dispensary.
    What happens to them? Many of them don't want to go back to big pharma...and, why should they?
    This country is sad, sad, sad.

3. I thought about that as well. I just got my MMJ card renewed 2 weeks ago, and the first time I went in, it was the usual kids in there that just want to get legal and get high..and I try not to judge you know but overhearing their conversations about it, you know why they're there lol...but I had to go back in recently to get a re-print because of ink smearing on my ID plastic card, and there was older patients in there with their caretakers that were getting recommendations for them, and reminds you of the older people and people who actually really need it, and what it would mean for them if places started disappearing. I got it for my asthma and anxiety/depression, but there are people with far more severe illnesses that deserve it more, and I'd hate to see them have to give up this thing that provides them so much relief. I could give it up if need be, but for them, it's a different story, it would be very difficult.

4. That really is the sad part.
    It seems the sick & elderly are exactly what our rulers (lol) Dont want! Wait-sick, elderly & Poor!
    It sucks when our government just turns their back on these people. My heart breaks for them!
    We can find dealers or grow, but what about the ones who simply can't?
    Brings tears to my eyes.
    America is so fucked up.
    :(

5. Everyone thinks it's dying, yet dispensaries are about to open in fucking DC! Right under obamas fucking nose. Wouldn't you think it would be pretty simple for him to just not let that happen?

6. [quote name='"DyerMaker"']Everyone thinks it's dying, yet dispensaries are about to open in fucking DC! Right under obamas fucking nose. Wouldn't you think it would be pretty simple for him to just not let that happen?[/quote]
    Yeah no shit!!!!!! We will see how the dc ones turn out and if they stay open. MAYBE some gov people are going to open it to see the cash or what ever is in it

7. Not only that, it's a fully-compliant dispensary that paid their taxes, and it was also touted as a model business by the Oakland city council.

8. Did not know this! Wow...so they killed two birds with one stone then...brought down a dispensary AND a harmless place of education. Plus they had the school shootings the same day...Oakland ain't doin too well these days

9. Oakland always has problems.
    But yesterday takes the cake.
    Don't forget the Feds took stuff from Oaksterdam museum as well.
    The 7 dead, was at a school of acupuncture.
    Disgusting!!
    All over a harmless plant. Why don't they go after Poison Ivy??

10. “None are immune from the action by the federal government.”

Melinda Haag, US Attorney for the Northern District of California, October 2011

:mad:

11. Mad, pissed, sad, and lots more I can't think of!!

12. Welllllll Idk about you lame-o socals, but norcal still be doing it big.
    /discuss

13. Gooood for you!! I'm in NorCal as well!

14. Tons of clubs I know still standing strong, and I don't see the Feds ending this

15. Where are you at?

16. San Jose... I seem to think only the shady ones are going down?

17. OK, I'll discuss. How's that MAJOR ASS-HANDING that OAKLAND/NORCAL took by the FEDS feel on ya? Then there's Marin Alliance, Berkeley Patients Group, etc?

You're still doing it big, just not AS big, lol. Big is LA, Anaheim, Hollywood, Riverside.

18. Living in In So-Cal, and were doing it fuckin big still.

Their, are still a great amount of shops down in the riverside valley selling some very dank top shelf problem free.

Relevance Alternative Health Care
    Paragon
    Harmony Wellness
    Desert Heart Collective
    Tumbleweed Organics
    Hazy Colitas
    Desert Organic Solutions
    Desert Care Solutions
    all instore walk-in, their all accessible, and some are known across California easily.

I do know their is some local argument going on about banning the local collectives which was decided by riverside county, but their was false information/damages and a mix up with the community, but overall everything's has been fine.

Right now ive been going to Desert Organic Solutions and Relevance alternative health care, they have some INSANE MEDICATION.

19. I don't know what to think. I don't think Oaksterdam was dirty. I think they did everything by the book.
    I can't speak for the dispensaries up here except for what I know to be true. Vallejo won't issue anymore permits until October, if then even. So I think that the handful left are trying to be by the book.
    It's a mess. No deliveries either. Well, one up in Fairfield, I think.

20. Vallejo looked like it was rockin' with dispensaries on weedmaps. Looked like every one had several concentrates too. Does seem a little strange that there's no deliveries around, but having a stranger deliver can be pretty uncomfortable anyhow. I usually hit up budtrader.com or some other 215 connects for a more reasonable price on some quantity, so we don't have to worry about the supply for a while, but that can be scary too. Maybe it's time to start a grow - it really seems like the govt prefers it that way anyhow, kind of like they just don't want it visible to the public.