Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medical Marijuana in Cali is dead

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by briangumble, Mar 29, 2012.

1. why the hostilities? if you cannot connect the dots and come to the obvious conclussion ... well thats on you. the war on drugs (med.m.j.) ain't over . i'm stocking up on genetics . do you remember operation green grower? criminal possesion of light bulbs? "war is hell" even if no ones dying.

2. It wasn't a hostile thread until someone started calling us motherfuckers hiding behind mmj.
    Maybe this should show Some people how to communicate with others on an adult level.
    Maybe people would listen then.
    DebbieDoes

3. :eek: WHAT THE FEEZY!? you should get your driver's license torn up if you need to reply on grasscity while driving.

Did ever think that you're productive like you say because you can comfortably smoke whatever you want like a quarter a day?

DON'T HATE, APPRECIATE AND FUCK PROP 19!

4. Then perhaps you can convince your uncle to provide the definitive criteria which the U.S. Attorneys are using so that all "legitimate" dispensaries can comply and be assured they will not be raided.

Maybe you or your uncle could have enlightened the Marin Alliance or Northstone Organics where they failed to meet the "definite criteria" that lead to them being closed?

Again, like Marin Alliance and Northstone Organics?

The point is, regardless of the Ogden and Cole memos, the DOJ/DEA can target ANY dispensary that they choose. They may be using certain criteria to prioritize their enforcement, but that does not mean that any dispensary is safe. If they want to target a dispensary they can and will, regardless of how it is operating.

There is no state regulation of dispensaries in California, so it is impossible for any of them to operate in "clear and unambiguous compliance with existing state laws" (Ogden memo).

5. The section of the Health and Safety Code that mjmama quoted does indeed ban the production of butane extracted hash. In addition, California case law has determined that neither the CUA (Prop 215) nor the MMPA (SB420) protect patients from prosecution under that particular section of the H&S Code. Sorry, I would have to dig around to find the case again, but it's out there.

6. This thread, and your overall sentiment is off base...

Marijuwana is moving towards, and will be legal in this country.

You speak of the money spent to fight the war, and the jobs anti drug laws create.. Well those priorities are being replaced by tax revenue, and job creation within the industry.

The main reason for fed crack down in Cali, is cause their system is set up in such a way government not getting their cut, they want Cali to move in direction of Colorado.

7. I do miss Northstone Organics....
    Their hash rocked! Casey Jones was perfect for depression.
    Debbie :)

8. It actually would be a lot easier to understand if you would just provide the documentation that says it's illegal to sell other extracts at dispensaries. What you provided is below, and your bubble hash is a processed and prepared substance and as such is illegal to make according to what you gave me. Where does it exclude bubble hash, etc? Where does it say anything about SALES of chemical extracts? Does it actually say something that backs up your claim? The feds don't give a shit about your little health and safety code.

I happen to know a couple of dispensaries/collectives that I would vouch for, just as you would for yours - making an effort to do things right, but the fact is the feds hit them first simply because they were requested to by a local anti-MMJ fucker named Paul Chabot. These places weren't selling bho/iso concentrates and they were as legal as legal gets on a state basis, but they got raided first and one has been raided twice. There's still plenty of places selling bho and they've been doing it a long time. So please, don't try to tell me something that isn't true.

Are you aware of the DHS letter and retraction from about 2 weeks ago? If you're not, you might want to read it, because DHS is skirting around the issue of solvent extracts.

(a) Except as otherwise provided by law, every person who
    manufactures, compounds, converts, produces, derives, processes, or
    prepares, either directly or indirectly by chemical extraction or
    independently by means of chemical synthesis, any controlled
    substance specified in Section 11054, 11055, 11056, 11057, or 11058
    shall be punished by imprisonment pursuant to subdivision (h) of
    Section 1170 of the Penal Code for three, five, or seven years and by
    a fine not exceeding fifty thousand dollars ($50,000).

9. Don't be sorry, but what does that code have to do with SELLING these concentrates? Where does it say a dispensary can or can not SELL these extracts? And where does it say that ANY processed marijuana or concentrates are legal in the code she provided?

10. Beats me but-I'm going to get some Matamuska Mist hash & some Chem 4 today!
    Yay for me!!
    Oh-at a dispensary!
    :smoke:

11. Checked the Reader today.

3 ads for delivery services, the rest were just ads to get your MMJ recommendation.

Total bummer.

12. From my interpretation it has nothing to do with selling or possessing, only producing.

And it definitely does not say that ANY processed marijuana or concentrates are legal or illegal. It merely states that using a chemical extraction process to make a controlled substance is illegal. I think I misread your question as "Where does it say what types of hash are illegal to produce?"

I believe that you and I are mostly in agreement on this point.

13. @AS420-down SoCal is that bad??? Wow!
    I thought we were just getting all the raids-
    It sucketh, huh?

14. San Diego has been hit hard, but other areas like North OC have barely been touched (Lake Forest and Costa Mesa aside).

This is such a political issue and the uneven enforcement makes it obvious. San Diego County has a vehemently anti-marijuana DA (Bonnie Dumanis) who has been trying for years to close ALL dispensaries in her county forever. Other areas of SoCal either have more "friendly" environments or are already so tangled up in legal proceedings that they can't enforce bans at this time.

I don't believe for a second that this has anything to do with "good" dispensaries or "bad" dispensaries. It is all about which politicians hate MMJ and which support it (and even that may just come down to who their campaign contributors are).

Big mess. Nobody has all the answers. Medical marijuana in California will survive these challenges. Hopefully this applies to the whole world too.

15. I guess what you and I are seeing here and what MJMama says is going on further north are two different things, and they very much could be. I just didn't care for the original comment that they are targeting extract/concentrates first, because as much as it may be true somewhere, it sure isn't the case here.

16. @xdog-yeah, but it's still being sold up in North Cali! Yay!
    :smokes:

17. So do you, or your DEA agent uncle, know what Oaksterdam did to earn their raid? Did they sell butane extracted hash to 17 year-olds without legitimate recommendations? Did they charge a lymphoma patient $5 too much for a gram of medicine? Are they running a "dirty business" and neglecting to report the millions in income that they derived from shipping pounds of marijuana to the East Coast?

Or could it be that Richard Lee, founder of Oaksterdam, happened to be the same person that donated $1.5 million of his own money to try to get a legalization initiative passed in 2010? Or could it be that Oaksterdam is in a city that recently decided to issue four new dispensary permits, despite the recent crackdown by the feds?

Maybe Oaksterdam was "dirty" by your definitions...I don't know, but I doubt it. How do you feel about your favorite dispensary now (you know, the one that as been around for 10 years because they are operating "legitimately")? Does it still have immunity from persecution by the feds because it is such a clean operation?

18. Oaksterdam was (is ?) a credited college. With a museum!
    I wonder if it will be able to re-open? I hope so.
    This all sucks.

19. #79 HearMeRooR, Apr 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2012
    Things here in L.A. seem to be going forward and backward dispensary-wise...They shut down many here in the San Fernando Valley near me that were in a "lottery" system to see if they'd be shut or not, but at the same time, new ones were (and I believe still are) popping up more around the south side of the valley towards Hollywood, and I know right now Hollywood is BOOMING with dispensaries. I think Feds are focusing on trying to nail the ones who don't have every little bit of paperwork and licensing and are too near a school or other prohibited establishment. Other than that things seem to be all quiet on the western front...or the weed front?...

Didn't realize how big this thread was and all the other topics...this was more a comment towards OP's original post...did hear about Oaksterdam this morning though, what a shame.

20. Strange huh? Things sucking hard up here while business is booming down there!
    It was impossible for some places to stay open here. Couldn't find office space to rent, city wouldn't issue permits, etc.
    Why wouldn't it be the same for the whole state instead of pieces of it?
    I'm happy for you that you can get your meds! Watching my twitter feed this morning about the raid, it was mostly older...mature people there. My heart goes out to them.