Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medical Marijuana in Cali is dead

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by briangumble, Mar 29, 2012.

1. It sucks beyond sucked here in 'Cali'.
    They ok & allowed dispensaries to open & run for YEARS!! Then, one day a huge bowling ball came thru $ knocked them all down.
    City is a Mess-Vallejo. It's crazy & uncalled for when they are opening dispensaries in Wash DC?
    Our lawmakers are sssholes. And we, mere puppets? Hell no! Go online & sign petitions, our voices need to be heard!
    Sigh-night.
    :smoke:

2. I make a good living off Marijuana, employ people, pay taxes, lots of taxes! Help feed the poor, give smoke to the poor. And the police dont seem to bother me or any of the friends i know? They checked my card one time because my car was full of clones but thats it. Didnt take the plants or give me a ticket for it. I have more trouble with people in the MM program and how fake they are..But it is what it is, and its working for us.

3. Sorry but the title of this thread is very misleading.

Some (maybe even many) dispensaries are being closed in certain areas, but many are still open.

Dispensaries being closed does not equal "Medical Marijuana in Cali is dead". As long as Prop 215 and SB 420 are state law there will be medical marijuana in California.

4. Wait a minute here, you can still grow marijuana in your house. I do not see the major problem if dispensaries go away. They are not changing the law to where you can't grow or use it for medical purposes, are they? They just do not want dispensaries; so grow it.

5. Just cuz there's no cannabis clubs, doesn't mean there isn't mmj around. I only go to a club if i want hash or something.

6. #26 will3117, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2012
    I hope you continue to grow but you will never be phifser or abbot or anywhere near the power of the other major pharmaceuticals and I guarantee every one of those corporations has dozens of lobbyists in d.c. just trying to get everyone of you shut down yesterday. Local cops city county and state follow state laws so why would they bother you.

More dispensaries have been closed down in 3 years of Obama than all 8 of Bush, that's a fact. The DEA follows federal law. Good Luck too you, I'm sure all the dispensary owners and growers thought they were good right up to the minute they got shut down.

7. [quote name='"will3117"']

I hope you continue to grow but you will never be phifser or abbot or anywhere near the power of the other major pharmaceuticals and I guarantee every one of those corporations has dozens of lobbyists in d.c. just trying to get everyone of you shut down yesterday. Local cops city county and state follow state laws so why would they bother you.

More dispensaries have been closed down in 3 years of Obama than all 8 of Bush, that's a fact. The DEA follows federal law. Good Luck too you, I'm sure all the dispensary owners and growers thought they were good right up to the minute they got shut down.[/quote]
    Mr negative returns!

8. If you think we're going backwards as a whole, you're crazy. We're closer than ever to legalization which is exactly why there are so many lobbyist trying to stop us. They know the power we hold and that threatens them.

9. Well, my 10 mile radius area went from 54 clubs a year ago to about 9 now. But the great thing, is that theres a TON of delivery services available now! Plus, this new club is doing it oh so right. Medical cannabis is still strong here. Norcal yee.

10. You didn't know? The feds are saving LA and Hollywood for first week in November - right about the time of national elections.

11. [quote name='"SwichOne"']This is the dawning of The Age of Aquarius.....
    things will soon change for the better.[/quote]

Plz go deeper.

12. I agree with you 100%..thats why it works for us. We are so small we fly under the eyes of them. And even if they come in and take it all over when it gets leagal( THE BIG COMPANYS) and it will!~! We will still have farmers markets and better weed:hello:..Still small frys, but thats cool it works for are town. AND PEOPLE IN MY TOWN LIKE US, DONT HURT US. We have a nice new 40 million dollor school for are kids, in a town of 2800..Because we could pass a tax bill..so some thing is working again in this old dead..but breathing new life TOWN. The big thing in my town now is to sale your land your dont really use, to the carbon foot print peeps, If we could plant HEMP..NOT MARIJUANA..we could build a tolet paper factory made with hemp, get payed by the carbon foot print fakes and grow a crop a year. Right now 80% of the tolet paper is made over seees or up north..Thats CRAZY....sorry im high and we are flooding

13. From my understanding it was the California U.S. attorneys that asked the DEA to start shutting places down in Cali, because way too many are in it for the money, rather than the non-profit compassion centers they're supposed to be.

14. Without dispensaries thousands of qualified patients in California will either have to go without their medicine or turn to the black market to obtain it. There may be as many as 1 million medical marijuana patients in California. There is no way that all of them could grow their own medicine.

Yes it was the California U.S. Attorneys who took it upon themselves to shut down the dispensaries, and many of their actions were in response to requests for assistance by local city attorneys.

The "non-profit" angle is somewhat misleading however. California law does not require dispensaries to operate as non-profits, despite what most people believe. There is verbiage in the MMPA (SB420) which states that the law does not authorize sales for profit, however this is not the same as prohibiting sales for profit, nor does it mean that dispensaries must operate as non-profits. It is another "grey area" in CA medical marijuana law :(

15. #35 Snapthatbowl, Mar 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2012
    ^^^^

I see, I thought they were required by state law to be non-profit. Maybe its city by city with that. Up here in WA all dispensaries are required to be non-profit, well I guess they're called access points haha.

Regardless of if they are technically not "non-profit", they still should be operating somewhat close to anon-profit structure. 60-75 an 1/8th is not compassion.. haaha

16. I don't really see the harm in shutting down the EXCESS and unlawful dispensaries. That isn't taking anything away from MMJ patients. We still have access to meds from the clubs who are actually fallowing the law. They aren't ALL being closed. We're going from 50 clubs in one city to more like 1-5 clubs per city. That's reasonable and I'm not bitchen about it. Like I said before, the rush of clubs being closed has more to do with the massive amount that opened in recent years than anything else. There was too many. Even in my opinion as a smoker and patient. I don't need a club on every corner like its a Starbucks.

17. The problem with that is that by federal law ALL dispensaries are illegal and "excess". We do not want to live in a constant state of uncertainty regarding when or where the DOJ/DEA will strike next. For all we know they could be planning to close every dispensary in the U.S. as we speak. There is NO definitive "logic" regarding which dispensaries stay open and which are targeted by the DEA.

Furthermore there is no definition of which dispensaries are legal even by California law. Everyone seems to be interpreting MMJ laws in CA to suit their needs. If city attorneys want dispensaries out of their communities they claim that they are all illegal. Advocates for MMJ in California claim that they are all legal.

California first needs to pass something like AB-2312 (Bill Text - AB-2312 Controlled substances.) in order to clarify state law. THEN we can worry more about the feds without having city and county officials calling them in to help get rid of dispensaries.

18. They're shutting down the ones with concentrates first.

Get em while you can.

19. It may seem like we have been losing ground lately but I think it is just a dying beast getting desperate and lashing out.

The numbers don't lie, we are slowly winning and it will eventually reach a tipping point.

[​IMG]

20. No they're not.