Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

medical marijuana in arizona

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by fatalrip, Jul 7, 2011.

1. I have moderate to severe wrist pain that i have had since i took accutane, i am on the computer a lot and am going into the computer science field so comfort in doing so would be nice (i currently do manual labor while in college and that doesn't help at all). My hand is quite visibly decrepit (fingers curve inwards when i don't force them straight its almost as if i have my hand closed most of the way. This effects everyday activities such as driving.

While when my pain is severe pain killers do relieve it, i am for some reason physically unable to swallow pills (they get caught in my throat and i cough them up). They have to be crushed up and dissolved in a liquid.

Marijuana helps me but it is illegal and if i am caught with it i will lose my financial aid for college which i need because i have a poor family.

So anyway my question is where should i start the process to get a card. Should i see a doctor and ask about my pain and see if they have anything that can help me? I know wearing a brace helps me but it is unrealistic to wear all the time because of the work i do.

If anyone could explain the process i need to go through in arizona it would be much appreciated.

(i'm also asking for my friend who has lupus and is greatly helped by marijuana) Thanks in advance

2. Start here: Doctors | Medical Marijuana Info for Arizona | Medical Marijuana of AZ , find a doctor in your area.
    Conditions of Registration for Medical Marijuana in Arizona

• You need a doctor's written confirmation that you have been diagnosed with one of a number of medical conditions (see below) and that you will be aided by medical cannabis
    • You will need to obtain your medical marijuana from a registered non-profit dispensary
    • You are authorized to obtain up to 2.5 ounces from the registered dispensary in a 14-day period
    • If you live over 25 miles away from the nearest dispensary you (or your caregiver) may grow up to 12 marijuana plants in an enclosed and locked facility
    • Your use of medical marijuana is to be considered equivalent to the use of any other medication and you will not be disqualified from receiving standard medical care – including organ transplants if required
    • Your employer must not discriminate against you unless he can prove that he will lose money or licensing under federal law
    • Your employer may not penalize against you just for testing positive for marijuana in drug tests
    • You are not authorized to use possess or be impaired by marijuana during your hours of employment or on your employer's premises

Approved Conditions for Medical Marijuana
    • Cancer
    • Glaucoma
    • HIV/AIDS
    • Hepatitis C
    • ALS
    • Crohn's disease
    • Alzheimer's
    • Cachexia or wasting syndrome
    • Severe and chronic pain
    • Severe nausea
    • Seizures (including epilepsy)
    • Severe or persistent muscle spasms (including multiple sclerosis)