Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

medical marijuana? how do you get a prescription for it?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by ontariotrees, Feb 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #21 FuneralDiner, Aug 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    How the hell does that work?! If you were prescribed MMJ by a licensed doctor, and you fail a test, having your card saying that legally you can use marijuana for medical reasons, they won't care?

2. Gotcha, thank you. That's kind of a shady grey line, huh? But anything that lets me have some protection is well worth owning, in my opinion. It's too bad that there's no protection from drug screens for medical patients..it seems kind of ass-backwards to regulate it as a medicine yet punish the users.. but I don't mind, I just want to buy my herb from dispensaries, I hate putting up with sketchy dealers just to smoke a plant. I used to smoke incense constantly for a few months, and it was nice to be able to walk right into the Shell station near my house and buy a packet of 3 grams and be on my way...hope Cali can live up to my expectations. :)

3. 1) You don't get a "prescription" for MMJ. You get a recommendation, that's an IMPORTANT distinction.

2) Your scenario is correct. There are no actual legal protections for MMJ patients when it comes to job discrimination, housing discrimination or any other type of discrimination (i.e. insurance).

3) OLLLLLD threads like this one really shouldn't be bumped. The "stellar" discourse in this thread is covered in other threads that are stickied. This one is a cacophony of bad information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.