Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medical Marijuana has caused me harm. Share Your Story Inside.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Dreadlocker, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Ok folks, I have been a medical patient for a few years now.

I usally smoke about .5 or so of chronic per evening. pretty light tolerance user.

other night i ate a super strong hash cupcake of course, because sometimes its fun to overdo it.

the next morning when i woke up and went downstairs i noticed by ankle was sore.

then i worked on it all day, was a bit sore not bad. when i get home and chill, it starts getting real painful and i can like not really walk on it.

im sure the pain killing effects of the weed masked the cause of the injury and the early symtons.

now im icing/heat cycles on it resting it up so i can heal and get back to 100 percent.

cliffnotes get to high to notice hurting my ankle. :smoking:

2. i suspect the injury occured during sex though. it was the only vigorous activity aside from driving.

3. So did the MMJ cause you harm, or did the fact that you consumed too much cause you harm?

4. The fact that he railed his hoe too hard apparently caused the harm, I lol'd

5. Medical Marijuana has completely gotten rid of my appetite which has caused me to lose a substantial amount of weight in the last few months.

When I first started smoking it was only rarely and I would always get the munchies and notice an increased appetite. Then about 4 months ago I got my medical card and have increased the amount I smoke because my tolerance has gone up. Now I can be completely starving, then smoke a bowl and it makes me not want to eat and I don't feel hungry anymore.

I've just had to learn to eat before smoking now.

6. [quote name='"Dreadlocker"']i suspect the injury occured during sex though. it was the only vigorous activity aside from driving.[/quote]

Hahaha id like to know how a foot injury was sustained during sex. Must have been some fancy moves.

7. huh? gotta get some good traction and piledrive for a bit. make her scream. but some girls u cant. :(

8. Title is misleading.

9. Lame thread. Lol at the person who doesn't get the munchies

10. so basically its not mmj that caused you harm ... well not directley it was indirect harm since its still your fault for hurting yourself lol the weed didnt suddenly make a bruise appear.

11. I first started smoking my marijuana, then I wanted more so I started injecting it. I would melt it up in the microwave with some hydrochloric acid to help it. Before I knew it I was injecting up to 8 marijuanas a day. I couldn't stop because of the horrible withdrawals. Then I went to rehab and I'm all better. It's medicalness cause me lots harm.

12. Marijuana did not cause you to not notice your injury. Sprains/strains can take up to a week to start hurting sometimes. You noticed the pain when it started getting painful.

13. [quote name='"Berry"']Medical Marijuana has completely gotten rid of my appetite which has caused me to lose a substantial amount of weight in the last few months.

When I first started smoking it was only rarely and I would always get the munchies and notice an increased appetite. Then about 4 months ago I got my medical card and have increased the amount I smoke because my tolerance has gone up. Now I can be completely starving, then smoke a bowl and it makes me not want to eat and I don't feel hungry anymore.

I've just had to learn to eat before smoking now.[/quote]

I am with you, have a very minimal appetite now. Couldn't have come at a better time cuz I can barely afford food anyway! I remember last year when I tokes up. Id eat almost 2000 calories in a sitting, now its like 1500 calories or less a day.

14. I don't get how smoking cannabis can just kill your appetite?

15. I believe it is due to the cannabiniod system being linked to appetite. After smoking for a while, cannabibiod receptor degradation occures, also degrading your appetite. After researching this a while ago, this is what i came up with. So when i dont smoke, activity in the cannareceptor area is below homeostasis, and you simply dont feel hungry, and even if you kinda are hungry, the act of eating food becomes somewhat un appetizing. But when i do smoke, eating isnt a PROBLEM anymore, it becomes a choice. Choice because i have the ability to eat again, but at the same time i am content with not eating because i feel high, content, and comfortable. :p

16. It all depends on the person and the strain ans the method of ingestion. But for me I have used cannabis recreation ally and now medically for over 10 years and have no problems getting high and getting the benefits from my medicine. Munchies really depend on strain some strains just don't cause them that much.

17. [quote name='"Jazzyj"']Marijuana did not cause you to not notice your injury. Sprains/strains can take up to a week to start hurting sometimes. You noticed the pain when it started getting painful.[/quote]

Hahahaha good post jazzy j. Straight up eating edibles doesn't have much effect on me, I think my tolerance is too damn high, so I'm not positive, but about 90 percent of people who think something really bad happens to them when they smoke ( or eat edibles) are pretty infrequent users.

18. Same here.
    I lost 12 inchs from around my waist in three years and it has stayed off for over a year.
    The Docs ran a whole slew of test and don't know why but have suggested that I shouldn't stop vaping if it keeps the lbs off.

So it has cost me in the pocket book replacing clothing.

19. really? this wasnt from weed just dont eat edibles if u cant handle it.

20. #20 indic amore, Nov 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2012

Ok now I really need to step in. You mention loss of appetite.
    -What exact strains doe you smoke?
    -Have you tried other strains?
    -What moment of the day do you smoke?
    -Has it occured to you that maybe your appetite for your "usual"foods is gone , and you crave stuff you don't even know yet? ( I quit smoking for almost two years a while back , and restarted smoking bud.My appetite changed. I too lost weight , untill i recognised what foods I long for. Instead of baked potatoes, a steak and some homegrown beans I prefer a more fresh taste these days ( fruit juices, vegetarian dishes, raw nuts, tea+ cookies, salades)
    Experiment with the foods you eat.
    Maybe your digestion system is tired of the foods you present it.

You can't blame all of the cannabis strains for a side effect that has occured to you.

Unless one suffers from true psychotic states of mind, or is prone to such , there's no harm found in Cannabis.
    One could argue that smoking it does harm some parts of the bronchi tracts, then again ; that's not the cannabis , but due to the combustion of bud.
    Vaporizing/ eating it is your alternative there.

Surely , depression from long time use is mentioned a lot , but that is not all to blame to cannabis.
    If one smokes non stop , and fails to build up a pleasurable life , then smoking bud has assisted you in not doing the thing to do.
    Abuse is not cannabis' fault.
    There's potential of abuse in literally anything.

So if one would define potential of abuse as a side affect the very question this threadstarter asked wasnt specifically tailored to suit all possible answers.Redefining the question would make it easier for me to answer more clearly.

Aside from possible legal problems, the most hazardous part of consuming cannabisfor adults is that it is pleasurable.
    It strengthens immune system
    it effectively wards of pathogens and tumor growth
    it can lower stress
    be helpful with chemotherpay, glaucoma, rheuma, arthritis, adhd, bipolar syndrome, autism, and a few more.
    It can even help prevent diabetes...
    The one thing though that needs to be stated is that unless a serious medical condition is involved , a non adult should abstain from using cannabis.
    Brain development cant handle cannabis abuse too well.
    As teens are usually trying to push boundaries, the risk lies with some smoking more than they should.
    Fucking up ones academic career because of excessive use is a risk.

All of the above goes for clean bud. ( bud that has not been sprayed insecticides on , well flushed, and possibly cured for at least 5 to 6 weeks; in short bud that is fit for human consumption)

Bud that has been sprayed chemicals on, ferted all the way through till harvest, containing lots of irritating substances is a hazard on itself.
    The salts that ferts consists of result in a rough smoke that can hurt your lungs.The flowering ferts can release very hazardous shit that can mess up you heart over time.( burned phosphourous is pure evil)
    Insectisides show very nasty residue after combusting (=smoking) it.
    Bud that is just too fresh wheter it is dry or damp doesnt burn smoothly.It irritates your bronchi.
    Try to wait at least 5 to 6 weeks after harvest before toking it.At least dont smoke that crap too often if you have no other "clean"supply.

So in short : if bud is clean there's no problems associated woth consuming it , especially if done in moderation.
    I think that would even be a healthy thing to do.