Medical Marijuana Gaining Strength in Ohio

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by GM-2X, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Medical Marijuana Gaining Strength In Ohio

Great article with positive news of Ohio's medical marijuana legalization.

Ohio Patent Network is working for marijuana legalization with groups throughout the Midwest with TV, print, and radio delivering marijuana legalization.

To join and help info@ohiopatientsnetwork.org

This is a great article to share on facebook, tumblr, or twitter.

2. yep, there's a rep in the house about to sponsor a bill on mmj, don't know too much beyond that atm

3. Sorry to say that this wont be hapening any time soon in Ohio. The house bill is DOA and the two groups doing the ballot drive have derailed. Don't see any thing working till they get over their ego trips and put their efforts together.

4. Thank you for the post. The more you post and share the info, the greater the momentum. Just remember:

[​IMG]

5. lol. how many times a week do you enter the statehouse?

so true.

6. The house bill hasn't had a Committee hearing on it and isn't going to get one. I don't make it to the Statehouse, but I do contact Senators offices every week. The house bill is done and no one will reinterduce next year.

Tha two PACS thats working on the ballot drive has pretty much run out of time to get it on the 2012 ballot. Both groups done failed their first round with the Attorny General. At over two months a round, it will never get passed in time before the July deadline to have it completed.

SO LOL all you want to, but this is no laughing matter!!!

7. #7 NefariousBredd, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2011
    I'm not laughing at you at all. You are most likely spot-on. Doesn't change the cause and I, personally, won't let it effect my personal views, attitudes or the intensity of my activism. In fact, it motivates me to try and do more. Critical mass is building whether or not they choose to ignore it. Eventually it will explode in their faces.

8. I just think it's sad that money and greed stoped the momentum of what was going on. The influance that some groups have isn't always a good thing!!

9. The nearly 50,000 signatures on the We The People petition seem to indicate that momentum has done anything but halt. Just because the cameras aren't rolling on us anymore doesn't mean we're not still busting our asses.

It only took 3% of the Colonial population to win America's independence. It would likely take an equally small percentage to end the Civil War... I mean the War on Drugs. Just need critical mass.

10. We the people petition is a national thing. The 50,000 signatures makes a average of a 1000 per state. That is right in line with OCMC taking two months to collect the 1000 legitamet signatures to resumit theirs to the Attorny General.

11. Damn tough crowd. Would you prefer these numbers instead? We're close. Don't stop advocating.

[​IMG]

12. I am in no way saying stop advocating. Education is the key to success. But the title of this thread is, "Medical Marijuana Gaining Strength in Ohio". The strenght is already in Ohio, but the two PAC's let power, money and egos weaken it to the point of breaking. The only people that they are hurting is the sick people who have only them to do their speaking for them.

13. Well another week with no action out of the OCMC group. They have had the signatures for a month now to turn into the Attorny General, but for some reason just refuse to so. Maybe the opinion of some that their leader Brian needs to be replaced.

The OMCA group is still in secret mode. I have been told that they will have something new out very soon.

HB214 is pretty much dead in the water. Been told just this week by Sen. Yuko's office there is no way it will get a hearing before the end of the year.

The best bet would be for the two PAC's to put their efforts together.

14. don't worry, we're all making a list and checking it twice in 2012. ;)

15. That sure is a relief knowing your checking a list. You must be beside the ones running the PAC's. I'm sure that is comforting to all that is in need of medication.

16. Isn't there some rich guy supporting mmj in ohio? I think he owns like gieko or progressive or something..?

If he's still in it I'm sure it will all work out. It's all about money...the richest guy will have his way.

17. Billionaire Peter Lewis: My War On Drug Laws - Forbes

He probably would have back Ohio if the two PAC's wouldn't have started the big power struggle. Last I heard he was working with another state.

18. And more and more rich guys are in favor of marijuana legalization, some because it is a good charitable cause, some because they smoke marijuana, and some because they invest in the untapped economic business potential with legalized marijuana.

19. See the OCMC PAC turned their petitions in. It's not expected to pass this time, but they will know more on how close they are on the wording. One good way to put it is, it cost you a 1000 good signatures to get the Attorney General to read it. You can follow it here. Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine - Ballot initiatives