Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

medical marijuana for hunger?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by WeSmokinSowa, Oct 14, 2008.

1. For the past couple of years my stomach has been giving some issues. It is often upset and i seem to be hungry less than i was when i was younger. Because i would be less hungry, i am pretty skinny and most likely i dont get enough nutrients etc. Since i started smoking weed the munchies have allowed me to fill my stomach without feeling sick in the slightest and it is helping me maintain a healthy diet, with enough food. Once again, weed shows its health benefits... but i was wondering... if i moved to california or annother state where mmj is legal, would this be reason enough for me to get bud preseribed to me?, or would i need to be diagnosed with "anorexia" or some other stomach disorder first?

2. You would have a very difficult time getting a recommendation in California for just hunger, there would need to be some other serious medical issue that you have in order for a doctor to give you a recommendation. That said, it wouldn't be impossible, you'd just be going to a sketchier doctor.