Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medical Marijuana for ADHD?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by LackOfMotivation, Oct 4, 2013.

1. #1 LackOfMotivation, Oct 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2013
    Hey,

Former lurker here. Nice to meet you.

Anyways, I have been diagnosed with ADHD since I was 7. Also, I got ODD and potentially social anxiety( currently self-diagnosed ). I'll be honest, I'm pretty stupid and I barely skid by and got accepted into college. Now that I'm here I could really use some help with my ADHD. I've never taken medication for it and my high school marks can prove that. I don't want to take Ritalin or Adderall, considering they're addictive and have terrible side effects. I already know that the natural approach is effective for me. Cutting to the chase now, I need help. I need a good compassionate doctor, and I need tips. I live in Ontario, near Toronto, so I don't think getting a suitable doctor would be too hard. I understand you all probably get these kind of threads constantly, but if you can, please help me out.

Thanking you in advance,
    LackOfMotivation

2. #2 Storm Crow, Oct 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2013
    Hon, GC is mostly American. You may get someone Canadian at GC who knows of a friendly local doctor, but I think your best bet to find a doctor would be here-

http://www.treatingyourself.com/vbulletin/index.php?s=37b3dd4010d0356bcf308d7d8c3a5063

My "Granny Storm Crow's List" has a whole section of medical studies and articles on ADHD and cannabis. To get your free PDF of the List, just send me an email and I'll send it off to you! Having medical studies to back yourself up with can make it easier to convince folks that your use is medicinal and has a solid scientific basis!

Granny

3. Did you end up finding a doctor and did you get your card?  I was diagnosed at age 5 and again when I was adult. I have been taking meds for it on and off for over 25 years and every type out there.  I am curious to know if you got yours. I applied with Dr. Shaw in b.c. I live in northern ontario and I am done everything and paid my 50 bucks to get my medical record they will let me know in 2 weeks if I qualify.  Just trying to see if it's hard to get The card with add in Ontario.