Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

medical marijuana for ADD

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by shadendog321, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Hey ppl. I am just trying to findout if there is anyone here who got medical marijuana for ADD/ADHD from Canada. 

2. That's a weird idea...
    at least for me weed inhibits my attention
    hey i'm not gonna lie about it
    My buddy is so in denial he actually claims weed makes his head clearer lol
    Then 2 min later he'll be like "man I'm baked out of my mind"...

3. Lol.  When I smoke moderately I am more focused. But it isn't so much for the weed making things clear. It's mostly to counter the side effects. The meds supress my appetite, I sleep only a couple to a few hours a night and I at times get headaches or stomache pains from the dexedrine.  Weed only makes me hungry, the headache and stomachr pains go away and I sleep at night. 

4. maybe slow down on the ADD/ADHD meds?
    they are known to have terrible side effects.

plus youre wasting shit loads of money....
    popping prescribed uppers, smoking downers.
    the ADD/ADHD med will prevail and the high will fade very quickly.

try eating before taking your medication, that will stop the stomach pains.
    drink tons and tons of water, to help combat the headaches.
    also force yourself to eat, that will help with the headaches and stomach pains.

then again you could just cut the ADD/ADHD meds out of your life.
    after a month, its not so bad.

5. I have been taking meds for it for Years. Could you please tell me when exactly the side effects will go away. Lol. If they were going to go away they would of by now. And I have tries the full stomach the empty I have tried it all. Lol. 

As for cutting them out. It does not just subside. I went off meds for extended periods of times and it just gets worse.   

Do you know much about add/adhd?  Maybe you could send me the link that you read your info from. 

6. Also I forgot to mention I have IBS 

diagonsed with ADD/ADHD myself.
    i was taking stimulant add/adhd meds for years.

i know the upset stomach feeling you are talking about all too well.
    i also understand exactly how it feels to go days, or even weeks, without sleep.

you gotta eat something before taking that kind of stuff man.
    its not uncommon to go hours without even thinking about food, even though your body desperately needs it.
    by malnourishing yourself, unintentionally, you are causing harm to your brain and body.
    which could result in you getting headaches and stomach pain.
    continue to eat regularly throughout the day, while staying hydrated, and these issues should go away...

now one thing you might consider doing is go to the eye doctor.
    when i was taking these meds regularly, i would catch myself going quite a while without blinking/over focusing.
    as a result i would get headaches from the excessive eye strain.
    ended up getting glasses for tv, computer, reading, etc.

another recommendation would be asking the doc to switch the dosage or type of medication.
    XR to IR. or vice versa...
    im sure, you enjoy the stimulant based meds like 99.9% of the world, but you might want to consider cutting down.

i personally cut my dosage in half and experienced great results.
    it really helped me sleep at night.
    i was still focused, just not tweaking out.
    helped with lose of appetite too.

8. I have tried so many different types, and dosage amounts. The stomach pains are from the IBS.  when I cut it down I can eat and sleep better but i am not able to even read a paragrph in a book it gets way too all over the place.  Which causes to many problems in all areas. I go to the eye doctor every 2 years just incase I need a different prescription for my glasses. I actually don't like my meds I rather not take them at all.  and I do force my self to eat. It's just a challange. 

9. Fuck ADHD medication!! That shit is so bad for you and is extremely addictive. I'm a strong advocate against it! Smoke instead.