Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

medical marijuana during alcohol treatment?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by wolf14, Sep 23, 2011.

1. so i was recently arrested for DUI and reckless driving. i know how stupid it was i don't need people telling me. i destroyed my beautiful car and endangered the lives of my friends so trust me it will not happen again. anyways i was wondering because i have to go through alcohol treatment for my DUI Diversion if i have my medical card for RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome) should i be allowed to smoke? it specifically says in my treatment agreement that i have to go 90 days of sobriety. I know that for my probation for the reckless driving its alright to smoke because i have my card.

P.S. im not an alcoholic by any means i just made a really bad decision. i have drank less than 20 times in my whole life. I have been to parties since and have no problem turning down alcohol.

Smoking before bed helps me fall asleep in a timely manner and stay asleep through the night. I take medication for the RLS but it makes me sick in the morning. they also prescribed me Promethatzine tablets to help with then nausea but i really don't like taking pills because i know they can be harmful to your body.

2. does anybody have any experience using medical marijuana during alcohol treatment? i get random drug tests usually once a week.

3. well the thing is that i need to complete a program that is accepted by Washington county because my diversion is contingent on me completing an alcohol rehab. the thing is i really don't have a problem with alcohol but it created some problems in my life. i have had no problem not smoking or drinking since my incident. i just would like to be able to smoke so i can get to bed easier at night. sometimes i can't fall asleep for 5 hours, even with my RLS meds.

4. Washington county here...Great!:)have you called any of the advocacy groups to see if they know a program that will fit your needs (Voter Power, OGF, etc.) I know other folks have faced similar issues with court ordered rehab, there should be someone at one of the offices who knows the correct, current answer to your question.
    Best of luck.