Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

medical marijuana dispensaries

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by nahitscool, May 3, 2010.

1. Well i heard in the next few months theres going to be a major vote in california to legalize weed for recreational use. My thoughts are even if this bill is passed then there will be federal laws that are going to leave everything in a grey area.

So my question is if this is passed do you think that mmds would be a good place to get a job? And if so what do you think the requirements are too get in this field of work?

im pretty sure if im in a job interview i cant just be like "yeah i think i deserve this job cause i really like to get high and get others high too.

2. If California does it, the rest will follow. Washington and, I believe, Oregon both have legalization in the works, too. So potentially the whole west coast could legalize! Canna-tourism will take off, And don't you think other states will want a piece of that $weet "pie"?

Now as to that job, EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Start with my "Granny Storm Crow's list" (click the MMJ studies link). READ!

Get familiar with what strains do what! GC has a sticky about that.

Then go over to Jack Herer's site Welcome to Jack Herer's Home on the Web! and read "The Emperor has No Clothes". Jack may be gone, but his legacy of knowledge lives! Take a look at the rest of the site while you're at it!

Growing, you have to know that, too! There are plenty of books out there and GC has a grow section.

Lastly, get familiar with the MMJ laws! And not just California's! :p

When you know all that, you're ready for your job!

I hope you are a strong person- bud-tenders, like bartenders, hear all the sorrows of the world. Some just can't take the pain and quit. Talk to a few before you apply for a job- the "dream job" becomes plain old "work" very soon unless you have the right personality.

Granny :wave:

3. Holy shit Jack Herer is dead....
    Straight goosebumps are on me.
    my first bowl of the day goes to him and his family.

To the OP i think you need alot more knowledge then that.
    Listen to the granny.

4. Pretty sure you're gonna have to know someone in a business like that. The world sucks sometimes, but not for them! Open your own dispensary, show them what's what.

5. Attending Oaksterdam University may also be beneficial as it will educate you as well as help you make connections within the industry.
    If you live close enough to one of the campuses that is, but I think it's worth the 13 weeks and $650 to go there.
    They hold their own cannabis cup at the end of every quarter too, plus they hold exclusive seminars that are only open to alumni featuring some of the top MM names.
    I wanted to attend the one in Oakland, but it's just not in the cards for me right now.
    Good luck to you in your pursuit :)