Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medical Marijuana Dispensaries Outlawed in Madera County

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Connections, Sep 24, 2009.

1. #1 Connections, Sep 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2010
    I'm lucky to live in the Bay area.What can we do to help this county to overcome the problems they are facing.

2. They did this in my county too in 2002.

The truth is, they can outlaw the dispensaries but you're still allowed to grow. A TON of counties don't have dispensaries, especially in the middle of the state.

3. You can thank those individuals who are unscrupulous and will get a MMJ recommendation on a lie, then brag about it, or divert meds to non-patients for these actions.

4. What about the state id card program I'm pretty sure it's the law that they have to implement it.Who should my family contact about the Id cards. ASA?

5. You don't need a state ID card at all for MMJ. You just need a recommendation from a doctor.

I do not have a state issued card, I would prefer not to be on it.

6. True that you do not need the card, however State Law requires counties to issue it. I would contact ASA or Ca-Norml.

7. The county must issue state ID cards per court order but the same court left it up to the counties when to implement it so guess what? They will take their time, maybe years to do so.

8. I have to agree with you WB....

Even on this forum I've seen signs of it...

I live in a state that has yet to approve mmj, and the those that lie are making it hard to get it to pass (reps do look at other states that have mmj....)

To remove it from prohibition, we need to take steps, and mmj nationwide is one big step we need.

9. Whether people lie or not has nothing to do with it. Doctors are the ones who write the prescriptions. It has become a lucrative business for the doctors who participate. But then again, it should be legal.

10. Wrong as wrong can be. When people commit fraud to get a recommendation it hurts EVERYONE.

We've gone over this time and time again on GC. So much so that they don't even allow discussion of lying to get a recommendation anymore.

11. When it come to telling the truth, my grandpa had it right- "If the truth won't do, then something is wrong!" And what is wrong here is prohibition! So what have you done to get cannabis accepted in your county/state/nation today? If we all did one anti-prohibitionist act a day, the effect would be glorious! :D

You can always start by getting a copy of my list (linked below) and start educating folks about cannabis. You should have you politician's emails and office addresses bookmarked, so you can write them often! Send copies of your letters by both email and snail mail.

Most newspapers have an online version- make polite, intelligent comments, and write letters to the editor.

Your doctor is a good target for sending MMJ studies to. Most are uneducated when it comes to cannabis.

What? You are still sitting there? Get busy! ;)

Granny :wave:

12. If a doctor can't tell you're lying then they shouldn't be practicing medicine. Lying about your use of marijuana shouldn't decide whether or not it is a valid medicinal treatment. Nor does it have anything to do with making it legal.

13. #13 WildWill, Nov 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2009
  14. I had no idea that you were moderating this thread and telling people what they should comment on. It's the same attitude of "do it my way" that is inhibiting the legalization of cannabis.

15. Ohh boy here we go again. The doctors who write the prescriptions, are only in business because of the patients that come to them. Quite simply put, if you don't have documentation for a valid reason, don't resort to going to a dirty doctor. You can find plenty of weed out here with a rec. but just don't fuck it up for those of us who abide by the system.

16. People who get vicodin on a false premise, don't cause others with good reason not to get it.