Medical Marijuana;cost/insurance

Discussion in 'General' started by mynameisEarrrl, Jul 14, 2014.

1. My question is two fold actually. What are your thoughts on the dispensary prices of MMJ?         Should insurance companies have to cover MMJ? Thoughts on one and/or both much appreciated! Peace!

2. Like.. Should insurance companies cover marijuana theft from dispensaries?

Cause yea. Any business should be allowed to buy insurance and in many states to open a business you HAVE to have insurance.

The cost of MMJ is fine IMO. They fluctuate greatly and come in such a wide area of pricing that it can fit whoever needs it.

I feel worse for the people paying like 60-70 an eigth in Colorado.

3. Medical is cheap if you know how to shop around or grow your own. And no, insurance should not have to cover your cannabis usage.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

4. Not theft insurance, that seems a given. But health insurance in states that have MMJ. My point would be; if it's regulated as "medicine" for "sick" people, then what makes someone else sicker or more qualified to live a better quality of life just because they choose not to consume cannabis but instead choose pills or some other sort of " qualified treatment option"? Peace! :bongin:

5. I think it 'should be' covered, but realistically the laws from state to state vary so much and are so lax regarding getting a medical recommendation that it won't make much sense. For example an average Californian can go into a 420 Doctor on Venice Beach and complain about work stress and walk out with a medical card. Does that mean they should get free insurance weed? Probably not. I think insurance should cover it only for extreme cases like glaucoma etc but again that needs more laws and so on.

6. I definitely think dispensary prices should be lower. They're getting better in AZ, but most shops are selling at street prices or more. Your lucky to find an ounce for less than 300, but if it is its usually not very good. Part of it is because 98% of patients aren't allowed to grow. I don't think insurance companies should cover patients costs. It'd be nice, but not feasible. Dispensaries should be able to be covered though if they get robbed or something since its a business.

7. Coverage for medical use.... Until a doctor can prescribe a specific dosage of a product of consistent potency (the same every time) then no. I'd rather see it sold over the counter to anyone of legal age with cash in hand. I'd like to see orchards with tours and tasting rooms.
    Weed prices are ridiculously high in my opinion, but I don't see why any business should sell at any less than what the local market will bare. Legit businesses don't just happen over night, and there is risk and hassle of expensive red tape and overhead to contend with. If you fish in the kings pond, you must pay the kings ransom.

Argeed.

If insurance paid they would tell you where you have to buy it.