Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medical Marijuana + College??

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by gorilaspaceship, Dec 11, 2010.

1. I will be attending CU Boulder in the fall, and i have a medical marijuana card, but i will be living in the dorms. Would I legally be allowed to have weed in my dorm as long as i dont smoke it there?

2. Im pretty sure you wont be allowed to seeing as most colleges use federal funds. So it would be breaking a federal law. Dont quote me on that but I remember reading somewhere that it wasnt going to be allowed.

3. don't worry about it CU boulder is very lax about marijuana no one really gives a shit

4. Probably this, but you could always ask the college. Not sure who you would ask exactly, but since you have a valid medical reason and a card, I don't see a reason why you wouldn't. But smoking in the dorm would be off limits most likely.

5. CU Boulder, it might as well be completely legal there. :p

6. Arg. I really want to go to CU Boulder, but the funds aren't there. Gotta go to UGA, I'll make it work though:cool:

7. I live in boulder ad yeah I wouldn't be too worried lol I mean on 4/20 we have amnesty for smoking pot. Plenty of my friends have fat stashes in their room.

8. I wouldnt let anybody know that you have pot, legal or not. Always better to be safe then sorry.

9. The college may enact its own rules, and most adopt a zero tolerance policy towards possession on campus. The non-binding resolution of your local city government is of little real consequence to the college. As such, the officer may have done nothing at all wrong. Provided the search was valid, he may well have been able to seize it. :(

If the marijuana was seized, it was booked into evidence. You might consider contacting the agency and making sure they do not destroy it as you intend to challenge the citation. :confused:

You might consider looking into the policies and practices of the local college to find out what they have to say about possession on campus. If they say it permissible to possess (though state law makes it prohibited to smoke) on campus, then you have a good defense. :D

10. :confused_2:

Your search for the perfect college has ended. Everything that you need to know is right here in this list. Courtesy of The Princeton Review, a list aptly titled “Reefer Madness” was released, naming the top 20 colleges where students smoke the most pot. While they may not be the same top 20 colleges that drink the most, remember that you cannot have your cake and eat it too. You will need a lot of cake. “Frozen cake sale, aisle 10….” :D

1. Warren Wilson College, Ashville, NC

2. Bard College, Annandale-on-Hudson, NY

3. University of Vermont, Burlington, VT

4. University of California-SantaCruz, CA

5. Lewis & Clark College, Portland, OR

6. Pitzer College, Claremont, CA

7. Hampshire College, Amherst, MA

8. New College of Florida, Sarasota, FL

9. The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX

10. Sarah Lawrence College, Bronxville, NY

11. West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV

12. Wesleyan University, Macon, GA